Hobbywing 50amp Esc Programming With Ar7200bx

Jacob Kjer

Hi all you clever people....

I'm approaching a headache by trying to program my new Hobbywings 50 Amp ESC with my spektrum receiver. I have read all manuals and lot of threads with the issue, and here's what I have succeded with so far.

Bind the ESC with a regular spektrum receiver, and entered programming mode. actually everything worked out just fine. Then I tried to connect it to my AR7200BX, and then it all went down the drain......

I have tried to remove the red led, tried to power the receiver not using the BEC, tried to "foul" the system by setting high and low stick to the same value and rebind. That should bypass the fail safe function. And it did....

The motor is very staccato while running. To me it feels / looks like a 3 phased motor missing one phase. (Just to get you the picture) When I'm in low stick the engine is off, but if I advance the stick to like 10%, the motor starts and accelerates to around 50%. It's slow starting. From mid to high stick everything feels and sounds normal.

My transmitter is Spektrum DX7S. It's an Align 450MX 3400KV motor.

When I connect my Spektrum Ar6210, everything just works perfect in all aspects.

I have tried to reset both my transmitter and the AR7200BX to factory default settings. NO CHANGES AT ALL.

So please help me, I'm starting to run out of good ideas

Jacob

Smoggie

The only reason I can think of why the throttle might 'stutter' when running off the AR7200BX (when it doesn't stutter if running direct from the Rx) ids if you have accidentally set the AR7200Bx to governor mode?

Top Bottom