General Hobbyking MX2 3D EPP 955mm cog

regme40

Hi

I have this plane, have a few flights with it, but it fly's like a dog. Seems it's too tail heavy.

The instructions say that the centre of gravity is 85-90mm from the leading edge, but the plane is too tail heavy. I've resorted to placing lead sinkers at the front to balance it out, however it seems to excessive.

When I think I have it balanced I give it a little push on the front or the tail and to see if it will balance out, then the tail just sinks again.

My question is where should the cog be? I can move the cof any where on the plane, but where should it be. Is it as simple as saying it's 30% of the width of the wing and does that go for every plane?

Cheers

Derek

I can understand your frustrations. I run into the same issues with some of my scratch build planes....tail heaviness.

If I were you, I would start with the 30% rule. Can you move your battery forward a bit? Maybe your esc....can you move that forward at all? Your receiver...can you move that forward at all?

I have found that the 30% rule is a good "starting point". It will NOT work for all planes. Start with the 30% rule and test it. If it's still tail heavy...see if you can move something forward, then test it. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an "exact science" to it...mostly "trial and error".

I wish ya luck!!! I hope you post any results from your testing...both positive or negative.

Top Bottom