450 HobbyKing 450 Pro

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I got it down off the hanger tonight and dusted it off. I swapped out the tail boom. I took the Torque tube one off and put a belt drive on it. I fire it up but couldn't get the gyro to work right. I've got it mounted on the side of the helicopter right now I'm gonna move it to the back tomorrow to see if it straightens out. I'm tired and going to bed.

Tony

Staff member
On the pro, I don't see any reason to mount it any other place than on the gyro mount/swash guide. I love that they put that there so that you can take the tail boom off without removing the gyro from the tape. keep at it. I'm really thinking about taking my 450 to the field and crashing *ahem* I mean flying it around to get the 3 axis setup. Yes, I'm still running the FBL head :D. Tests during hovering were pretty good, but there is still a lot of work to do. I'm also worried that the pots on the gyro will move cause of the vibration. May have to find a way to lock them in place. But, the tail is holding solid with this gyro. Should be great if I can get it working.

zapster

tr i,ve got a HK 450 pro belt and everything to put it together,I,m dying to do this build the next day that it rains i,ll keep yall posted.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey my clone is a pro with belt too!! :) now that i have a pro head on it... is it bad i am running swash mix -90%?? is there a good or bad in that? This is gonna be my thrasher! :)

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ooops... sorry.. no jacking!!! I'll make my OWN!! lol :D :D

@tr.... i have that too ... its a pretty good gyro...

Top Bottom