General Hobby Eagle A3 Super Flight Controller

danhampson

After a couple of week or so of looking out of the window wishing that the wind would drop so that i could fly i started to search for a fixed wing flight stabilisation unit. The only ones on that i could find on the market that support dual ail and elev are the bavarian demon cortex and the hobby eagle A3 super.

So after some research i pulled the trigger on the A3 super, all the reviews that i have read say that the A3S is as good as the cortex but at a fraction of the cost.

The package arrived from china this morning (purchased from goodluckbuy) about a week after ordering and cost £31/$50.

Here are a few unboxing stills.

The unit arrived in a nice presentation box.

IMG_20141030_170200.jpg

The main components are in an antistatic bag within the box.

IMG_20141030_170234.jpg

The contents of the box include the unit itself a usb key for programming and all the cables required to install the unit.

IMG_20141030_170646.jpg

Product Page

Manual

PC Software

The version i purchased doesnt include the programme card (i clicked the wrong one when buying), so i will be programming with my laptop.

In hoping to install the A3S over the weekend and will update this thread with the progress.

IMG_20141030_170200.jpg

IMG_20141030_170234.jpg

IMG_20141030_170646.jpg

danhampson

I've already had a look at the software Derek and it looks pretty straight forward compared to the brain/ikon setup. I'm hoping to start the install on Saturday night.

Top Bottom