500 HK500GT Blade Tracking Problem

Tony

Staff member
Hey guys, here it is... Again lol..... The maiden flight of the hk500gt. I had to replace the dampers, put a sleeve in the head, metal washout and mixing arms, cf blades, canopy, tail blades, skids, fb paddles, and some other crap from the crash. Bit this thing is flying sweet now. Can't wait to get mu confidence back so I can put it through some real paces.

Hope you enjoy. This is a lot better than the first maiden.
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3kB7yV-XWLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Uh, that's a LOT better Tony :biggrin1: What was the deal around the 5 min mark of the video where it took off into the stratosphere at mach speed? Just curious. I didn't hear you say anything on the video about it (and you put "about pee'd my pants") ... :chuckles: Looks like how I fly lol!

Tony

Staff member
I said something afterwards lmao. That was a pitch pump and the helicopter has some power. It actually scared me a little bit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee

Ok this is a bad week for heli setup for me.
Second 500 head, tracking as perfect as you could get. Third battery it gone out again by 1/2 an inch!!!!!! WTF is happening???

Lee

Went through the whole head again from scratch. Flew this morning. First bat perfect, second bat slight misalignment. So i'm positive the head is setup perfectly. Going to change the feather shaft and then the blades, as these can cause the problems i'm seeing.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I was wondering if your blades are losening up a little after the first battery, which on the second battery would show up as you are describing? I know Tony was saying on the larger helis if the blades aren't locked down, it might cause some vibration issues.

Tony

Staff member
Lee, I know that I have had a bad set of blades on my 450 and it did this, but not on the 500. It's not out of the question though that it could happen.

Lee

I just cant win at the moment. Got it all looking good. Then this morning went out for a flight and half way through the first battery a tail bolt sheared AGAIN!!!! I replaced them with special High Tensile steel ones just for this reason. So much for High Tensile steel!!!! it lasted three flights. Should have left the old rusty ones in there. :ambivalence:

Top Bottom