450 Hk450GT upgrade finally

Adam

So i bought alot of upgrades for my Hk and just never had time to do it but before the raptor hits the work bench i better finish what i wanted to do with what i got lol. Some of you might remember these parts
So here is the bird and the upgrade parts all new electronics from the razor electronics.
20121214_192124.jpg
Head off and main gear gonna switch to align main shaft and main gear finally. Thanks Gaba
20121214_194005.jpg
Main shaft replaced and main gear assembled.
20121214_200050.jpg
All electronics removed yay.
20121214_203039.jpg
Guys we have a framed kit no electronics.
20121214_203526.jpg
Have the align motor and esc installed from gaba.
20121214_212657.jpg
All Servos installed ESO8Mas for cyclic and align for tail and let me tell you thes eso8 are nice.
20121214_225038.jpg
Still have alot more work to do but i dont have any zip ties on hand right now so will have to put it off to tomorrow. Hope you like the new worktop which has a glass top so very easy to check main shaft and feathering shaft.

20121214_192124.jpg

20121214_194005.jpg

20121214_200050.jpg

20121214_203039.jpg

20121214_203526.jpg

20121214_212657.jpg

20121214_225038.jpg

Adam

Now remember this will finally have a mems gyro which who did i get that from........Hmmmm oh well i forgot lmao

heli-maniac

hell i got another one if you want it lol

im thinking im going to pull the 3g off my 450 now that i have the DX8 and get a 3gx to put back on it

Tony

Staff member
So now that you are upgrading this one to the hilt, what are you going to do with the Align 450 Pro V2?

Adam

Nothing it is perfect as is. I will have a flybarred and flybarless 450. And then the nitro bird with mccpm flybarred above the blades. So now i have variety when its time to go out to the flying field and this way i wont get bored lol. Y you want to buy it.

Adam

You know if i could sell it to you and build my own right now i would but i have taken this thing apart multiple times and just love it. I would but it has alot of flights on it and one bad crash. All put back together and ready for flight but i do my flying at the club field now so winter i wont do much except mcpx.

Tony

Staff member
I think the next one may be a 500 DFC. something electric that I can just charge and fly.

Adam

Dodged a bullet there cause i dont want to sell it. I really think i should have you sign it and the tmaxx cause i think they will be worth money with your Signature and then i can take to pawn stars hahahahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

My parents Live in Clinton TN and i will be visiting them eventually so someday we will meet up.

Bruno

So i bought alot of upgrades for my Hk and just never had time to do it but before the raptor hits the work bench i better finish what i wanted to do with what i got lol. Some of you might remember these parts
So here is the bird and the upgrade parts all new electronics from the razor electronics.
View attachment 3800
Head off and main gear gonna switch to align main shaft and main gear finally. Thanks Gaba
View attachment 3801
Main shaft replaced and main gear assembled.
View attachment 3802
All electronics removed yay.
View attachment 3803
Guys we have a framed kit no electronics.
View attachment 3804
Have the align motor and esc installed from gaba.
View attachment 3805
All Servos installed ESO8Mas for cyclic and align for tail and let me tell you thes eso8 are nice.
View attachment 3806
Still have alot more work to do but i dont have any zip ties on hand right now so will have to put it off to tomorrow. Hope you like the new worktop which has a glass top so very easy to check main shaft and feathering shaft.

I had a problem with the Emax ES08 mounting tabs. Too brittle and cracked during installation. The specs look good. I bought some Cheap EMAX cases and may see if maybe I just got a bad set. However, I went ahead and bought the Align MG415s since they have many replacement parts. Let us know how you make out with your EMAX servos. Good luck with the rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a problem with the Emax ES08 mounting tabs. Too brittle and cracked during installation. The specs look good. I bought some Cheap EMAX cases and may see if maybe I just got a bad set. However, I went ahead and bought the Align MG415s since they have many replacement parts. Let us know how you make out with your EMAX servos. Good luck with the rebuild.

I meant to type Align DS415s.

Adam

I got mine all installed already with no problems so maybe I got lucky. I wanted something better than detrum and didnt want to break the bank and this way i can see how good they are. Align are great thats what i upgrade the tail too the most important imo.

Adam

Ok so i got all the wires finally all cleaned up
20121215_145317.jpg
Head all reinstalled everything service oil and lube. Gyros end limits set and this thing is wonderful.
20121215_225709.jpg
All i have to say is this mems gyro compared to the detrum is wow just wow. Now the power from the align motor is unbeat. I still have to check my pitch but swash is level and didnt have to change a thing so the same should be from the pitch if not no big deal now hopefully no rain and this baby's going up. Thank you Jesse and Gaba for these parts a long time ago lol the best buy ever.

20121215_145317.jpg

20121215_225709.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Cant' wait to see it in the air bro. I'm sure it will do fine and you will like that gyro once it's dialed in. Make sure to set the band correctly if you have not done so already to the specs of the servo.

Bruno

Cant' wait to see it in the air bro. I'm sure it will do fine and you will like that gyro once it's dialed in. Make sure to set the band correctly if you have not done so already to the specs of the servo.

What do you mean when you write "set the band (width) correctly"? How do you do that? Gyro and/or TX setting? How?

Tony

Staff member
It's in the gyro settings for MEMS gyros Piezoelectric gyros don't require setting of the band. Align gyros run on 1520μs. If you try to run this on a different setting, it can burn up the gyro by sending too many, or too little signals to it per second.

If you have a MEMS gyro, make a thread in the gyro section and I will try to explain further how to set it up for your particular gyro/servo combo. I will also need to know what servo you are using as well.

Adam

Oh yeah i initialized the gyro without the servo set the band powered down. Plugged the servo in powered up and then set my end limits now to just fly it and set the gain.

Top Bottom