HK450GT Returnith

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad you didn't actually. The rudder servo is shot. Not sure what happened to it. Guess we get what we pay for lol. It was a $7 digital servo, I should have known better hahaha. And I'm not sure what is going on with the feathering shaft. I took it apart and looked at the thrust bearings and they are all in there correctly. I may order new thrust bearings for it as well as a new feathering shaft and bearings. Might have to order new blade grips as well.

This heli will be gone over from nose to tail and I will pretty much do what I did on the 600, replace just about everything with Align. But, this gives me a flybar heli that I can do videos on and help people out. Never remembered the canopy sticking out so far forward though lol. But looking at the last video I shot of it where I was flying around, it stuck out just as far lol.

So, I need to find a good deal on some DS415's and a DS520 as well as a good tail gyro. Hell, I can use the MG90s servos on the cyclic for now, just need to get that tail working. Oh the memories this brought back when I put it together.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm glad your happy! Lol. You know I do not remember if I had her set up on my tx or not. I think I did. I'll have to grab my dx7 tonight and look see.

Karubah

It seems like your going to enjoy pulling this apart and videoing it going together again and getting it in the air. Looking forward to watching and reading your progress. Cheers Andy.

Tony

Staff member
Well the 450 saw it's first flight here today. More info in the thread that I'm about to create.

Tony

Staff member
The heli is not so happy now. It's in a thousand pieces on my desk at the moment. Going though each bolt to check it.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, day spa... That is unless they take a one way trip to the kitchen via "Right Arm Air" hahaha.

Top Bottom