Hk450GT Rear Servo mounting

Adam

Ok in one of my last posts i talked about how in idle up i had some heli wag or something. After looking everything over the bolt and nuts were missing from the rear servo. I do not have these so just wondering could i screw the servo into the carbon fiber frame or should i go to the hardware store and go with nut and bolt like the plans?

Tony

Staff member
I would do it correctly. Should be the standard size for that heli and what is holding the other servos in. As for your question, post up a pic of what you are talking about and I can tell you if you can use a 4-40 bolt and nut or not.

Adam

Ya there isnt a screw i own that would not damage the frame so i need to go to fastenal and most likely they will give me a bag for free lol as for the size maybe the picture will tell ya and you can tell me or i will take one off which i hate cause they are a pain but here you go.
mail.google.com.jpg

mail.google.com.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much. I would do just like you said and take one off and take it up there. I can assure you one thing, it's metric lmao.

Adam

Ok so I got that servo bolted on went out same thing heli wag or elevator wag in idle up. Um I watched some of your setup videos do the linkages from the cyclic servos to the swash have to be parralel to the main shaft right now the servos are out of the frame too far and the linkage rods are angled probably 4deg to the swash could that be a problem? Im really stumped here

Tony

Staff member
It wouldn't normally cause this issue, but they really do need to follow the main shaft. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but I would start checking out the Rx and power coming from the ESC to the Rx. There are just so many possibilities.

Top Bottom