HK450GT Maiden flight

Adam

Alright here is the maiden flight of my first build. Wow is this heli alot smoother than that e razor even after i rebuilt the e razor it still didnt fly as smooth as this one. And sorry for no canopy i havent modified the fiberglass canopy from the e razor i was just too excited to see if i built the bird correctly. Thanks to everyone help me with a few bumps i ran into along the build. Now to get back to flying lessons so someday i can just fly it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Now that heli looks solid! Looks like you could use a couple clicks of rudder trim to the left, but other than that, Looked like it was doing great.

and if that is a duplex across the street, that is one huge duplex lol. Man I need to get a new heli...

Adam

Ya i put some clicks to the left and then a couple more and i think i got it. I ran another battery and it seemed like it held pretty good but still had a little drift. Um if you are familiar with this build the tail housing exactly doesnt tighten to the boom very well any solutions it is a little loose.

Adam

So you got the DX8 Out of curiosity we need more than a 6 chan for the tarot flybarless dont we lol

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I know this heli. I did just what you did, and replaced the Razor with this one. Loved it. and to tighten the tail, you can wrap the boom with scotch tape. Worked for me anyway.

And you will always get a little drift out of the cheap gyros. if you get a good align or spark gyro, with a good servo, it will be solid.

Tony

Staff member
So you got the DX8 Out of curiosity we need more than a 6 chan for the tarot flybarless dont we lol

You only need 6 channels for the Tarot FBL. It's when you are running nitro with a governor that you need 7 channels from what I understand. I'm not a nitro person, but this is what I have read. But, you can get away with it with 6 channels on the nitro heli's if you don't mind running the same head speed in normal, or idle up mode.

Adam

Thank God cause i really was scared that My DX6 wasnt a good enough estimate if i upgraded. Maybe my next buy will be a plane though.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the DX6i will do great. If you love the hobby though, I would go for the DX7s or the DX8 if you have the money. If you think of it as buying the DX7s and the two free Rx that come with teh DX8, you can get the DX8 for just a little more than the DX7s. That is what got me to get my Dx8. But, if you already have the DX6i, it will do you great until you are ready to upgrade in a couple years. Or, you can stick with the 6 channel for life if you don't need anymore channels. Look at Nightflyyer, all he uses is the DX6i.

As for planes. I sold all of my helicopters (250, 450, 500, and 600) and got into planes. They are fun, but heli's are more of a challenge and I'm looking to get some more.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
nice job on the heli Adam. was it windy from the side? the tail looked to wag a bit, but seemed pretty solid. grats.

Lee

Look awesome Adam. So it wasn't my eyesight going, i did notice your tail was twisted slightly. As Tony said, a bit of tape will hold it or sometimes i use a small amount of bearing locktight (the green one) But tape is probably easier.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Adam... Dont worry dude! I am running a nitro bird with everything on it .. and a governor with my dx6i.. your dx6i is just enough! :) :)

And GOOD job flying !!! VERY GOOD!

also canopy is not just for looks.. but a BIG peice of you flying.. cause it gives an idea of the orientation. Been flying for a year now.. and almost lost my nitro 600 because i went up flying forward without a canopy.. :) hovering should be ok.. but as soon as you start moving around do put that on.. try to have a color distinct and visible from the rest of the body in daylight. :)

But very stable hover and no traning gear.. how long have you been flying??

Last edited:

Adam

I have just started rc helis about Jan this year. Started with inside and moved up to the big boys outside in feb. Started with the erazor and when that wasnt able to come apart to change a pinion and main gear I bought gt kit. And I will be drilling new holes in my razor fiberglass canopy to attach to this heli. Original will not work. And what you saw is all i have down i am working on nose left and right currently. Babysteps ya know.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
thats very good !! you are catching up fast.. it took me about 4 months to get hovering finally.. and doing some tail in circuits...

but keep these baby steps goin dude!! :)

murankar

Staff member
Good job with learning so quick. As you know I try and i am down for 2 weeks. Tomorrow should prove interesting.

Adam

Thank you everyone but my hat goes off to these guys that fly in the wind. I took the bird out last night for more training there was a little wind and wow it effects hovering more than i thought but all went well. EVery opportunity i get i practice through two bats. I'm slowly getting head left And right but once i get that done then for the hard part head in. And then start on figure 8s

Rc-Help

It's all about the sim time to perfect everything then take it out to the real world. You are doing this the exact way you should. can't wait to see more video.

Tony

Staff member
The post by Rc-Help was from me. I was testing the picture upload after a script was run lol.

Top Bottom