450 HK450GT help

Hi Guys,
After all these weeks finally got out with the HK450GT, got everything setup and spooled up heli took a big step to the right
and fell over.
Have tried again but it sees to have a tendancy to want to tip over to the right.
Is it something I have set up wrong in the tx or what else could it be..?
Any help greatly appreciated ( I am not able to take any video as yet ).
Thanks
John

Westy

LEGEND
Hi John,

did you level the swash perfectly? if not .... start there.

Is there any play in the washout arms ??

Is there any excessive play in the head at all.

The heli will definately pick up and drift to the left normally .... so it definately seems you have your swash off level.....

You need to be super fussy .... it needs to be perfect ....

Level Swash @ mid Stick .... ALL servos and linkages must be at 90 degrees.

Let us know what you found.

Lee

John,
i was wondering what had happened? Why didn't you let me know before you tried to fly it. I have all the old settings in my radio still. The heli was set up perfectly, so it must be a setting in the radio. Give us all the settings you made in the radio. Check that all servos are moving in the right way. Did you break anything?

Adam

Im thinkin lee you are on to something there a unlevel swash would have to be way off for that to happen. take time on setup you will thank yourself in the future

Hi Lee,
I guessed it was something I had done as I saw it fly great on your video, I put some training gear on it and took it out
for a test flight and it tipped over to the right quite hard, so I checked it out and could not see anything wrong with it ( not that I
would be able to spot anything anyway ) and tried again with the same result.Here is what is in my DX6i:-
D/R & Expo Ail 0 70% + 40%
Ele 0 70% + 40%
Rud 0 100% + 40%
Travel Adj Thr ( arrow up)100% Aile (arrow to right )100%
Ele (Arrow up)100% Rudd(Arrow left) 100%
Gyro(arrow up)100% Pitch(arrow up) 100%
Sub trim everything at zero
Gyro Rate SW-Gyro
0 60%
1 50%
Throttle curve norm linear Stunt same as norm Hold 0
Pitch Curve Norm low 40% 2@47.5% 3@ 50% 4 @75 % H 100%
Stunt and Hold as above
Swash Mix Aile 100%
Ele 100%
Rud 100%
Mix 1 inh
Mix 2 inh
Revo Mix Norm Stunt
UP 0% UP 0%
DN 0% DN 0%
Hope that makes sense.
Cheers
John

Lee

I don't see the swash type there John. Its should be set to 120º, and yes you should need some sub trim. Unplug the motor so its safe, then switch on the radio and heli. Make sure your pitch and throttle curves are linear for setting up, so 0% to 100% then put the throttle stick in the middle and look at the servos. They should all be at 90º, perfectly horizontal. I know from that set up that, if you didn't adjust sub trims, it must have been way off. So adjust each servos sub trim until they are at 90º. Then go to swash mix menu and set aileron, Elevator and pitch to either +60% or minus 60%, to give you the correct travel. If the swash move in the opposite direction to the stick input, adjust the % to the opposite number. If +60% change to -60%. (Swash should tip in the same direction as stick input)
Hope this helps John.
Good luck. And if anything looks odd, message me before you try again :D

Westy

LEGEND
Are all the servos going up evenly when you pull on collective?

and you swash is moving in the correct direction when moving your cyclic? (Front input moves swash down at front and up at rear..... -same for all other movements)

Also try dropping your Expo on your AIL and ELE to 30 .... at 40% you will be trying to operate a brick.

at 40% EXPO .... you will find that you will be going from centred position to nearly halfway between centred and full stick travel before the heli will even start reacting to your movement.... which is way ... too slow!.... you will need a bit more of a "feel" than that.

Last edited:

Lee

Yes i missed out the bit about getting all the servos to move together. Move the throttle stick up and down. All servos should move together. If they dont, reverse the one thats doing the opposite, even if that means the pitch is backwards, because then you can go into swash mix and change the 60% from + to - or vice versa.

Top Bottom