450 HK450GT GY48V Gyro ?

fireman7234

Hello forum what is happening is when i spool up heli i get about 55% throtle heli gets light on skids the whole heli spins counter clockwise with no rudder input checked rotation on tail blades there good with ccw rotaton check gyro put it in rate mode moved tail to right slider goes to right reversed gyro with direction switch on gyro slider stills goes to right when tail moves right spooled up again same thing. I think gyro is bad but would like to get everyones opinion. I had a video but files would not play when i tried to download on my cpu ill try a different camera tomorrow and post a video

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the single wire is in channel 5 and that in your gyro menu you have a positive number set. I can't remember what Tx you have or I would post a number to start with.

fireman7234

single wire is in channel 5 using a flysky fs-t6 Tx number in menu is 65 HH and 35 in rate mode. Tx only goes from 0 to 100 no negative

Tony

Staff member
As long as that single wire is on the signal side, and you have it all setup like that, I'm thinking yea, you may have a bad gyro. Take a look at the GA-250 on hobbyking. Very cheap and works quite well.

fireman7234

yes single wire is in signal side. Just my luck to get a bad one thats why they where on sale for $6.00 lol the GA-250 is a mems correct

Tony

Staff member
Yes it is. Also, on your gyro, make sure your travel pot is turned up and that you have calibrated yoru tail left to right.

fireman7234

tail travel is set had to use end points in Tx because limit pot wouldnt go low enought so turned limit pot back to 1/2 way or 100 on gyro as per your video on youtube then adjusted endpoints

Tony

Staff member
Then yup, I would replace it. Those old piezoelectric gyro's have quite a few issues. Were good when they came out, but MEMS put them in the dust.

fireman7234

10/4 thanks for the help brother by they way im looking into buying the phoenix sim to fly with yall on sundays looked fun

Top Bottom