450 HK450GT Build Questions

regme40

Hi

Was going to start to locitite the various screws on the head of a hk450gt (not the pro) after removing the screw that holds the head to the main shaft, the main shaft does not slide out. Is there another screw that I'm missing or is force the answer. I just don't want to apply too much force to get it off.

Cheers

Tony

Staff member
That one bolt going through the main gear is the only bolt that is holding it. There are also 3 servo links, and the anti-rotation bracket that could be holding it as well. Let me know if you get it. It may have a little thread lock on the shaft, so you may have to pull a bit to get it out.

Lee

If you've detached all the linkages then it should just slide out as Tony said.

regme40

Yeah its pretty tight, maybe it's loctite or glued. It seems that I can get to every screw with taking off the main shaft so I'll just do that.

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
I had a tight rotor head myself on my exi. After removing the jesus bolt and removing all the links I had to open the collar that fits over the main shaft. Even then it was still hard to get off but it did come off.

ditto, my GT pro was hard to pull off at first.. the split collar, just needs to be wedged a bit, use a small screwdriver, and pry gently.

murankar

Staff member
You will want to work it from both sides equally not just one side. Be careful not to mar the metal, more for aesthetics than anything. If you decide on using tools to grip the head use a rag on it. try not to damage the head at all. Also my replacement head went on tight also, had to open that one up too.

Top Bottom