450 HK450 Wiring

salem502003

Hi GUYS
Its Paul again from Scotland yes you have guessed it need some more advise if that possible .The weather in Scotland has been really bad just lately so I am unable to fly my HK450 so to pass the time I bought another HK450 in kit form I have now completed the built & if I say so myself it went pretty smoothly but now I’m @ the stage of the electrics & this is causing me problems I have wired it to what I think is correct but it’s all Gone pear shaped. I will give you a list of the parts I am using then I will try to explain what’s happening.
THE RX =orange r6100
3 Servos HXT900
Tail Servo DS-919mg
Gyro GA250
Motor Turnigy2218
ESC Hobby King Ssh50a
I was also advised to fit an external UBEC which is Turnigy 5a This was fitted as per the video from (You Tube easy enough)"I think"
the TX I’m using to bind & check my set up is Spektrum DX4e because my DX7s is away with my other HK450 getting some modifications done by the guy who built it
Ok Guys Now to begin. Looking from the heli from BEHIND
Tail servo connected to rudder on RX(not connected to gyro yet as its not set )
Centre sevo = Elevator
Top left Servo =Aile
Bottom Right Servo = Aux1 ( I think that’s right)
Now finally my problem if I Move the stick for elevator up down no problem
Aile up down no problem
Pitch (Aux1)Servo not moving
When I move the throttle the swash won't move @ all
If I Connect the motor it spins up fine
& when I connect the Tail Servo to (Rudd )on the RX & move the Rudder stick all the servos twitch
I have looked @ wiring on the net & I Thought it would be s doddle how wrong I was .I have tried everything I can think of but I must be doing something wrong so hopefully somebody can shed some light on it for me I hope, & see where I have messed up any advice & tips would be GREAT many thanks to all that might be able to help , all the best Paul. Ps I’m off all week annual leave so you can contact me anytime thanks again for you time People its much appreciated. I really thought I was doing great with the build I was impressed with myself & I thought the wiring would be "simple"How wrong i was , but I must be doing something wrong but I can’t figure out myself (very depressed) Ha Ha My e-mail is salem502003@yahoo.co.uk A big thanks to you all Paul:cower:

murankar

Staff member
For starters the dx4e is not a radio to be doing a setup with. There just is not enough channels and the mixing in the radio may not be right.

Personally I would wait for the dx7 to come in.

salem502003

Thanks for your reply Murankar .
Thats one thing i never thought of what an idiot im am, i will now leave the set up till my DX7s comes back cheers your a gent. Paul

Lee

Yep as Matthias said, can't set up a 6 channel heli with a 4 channel radio. :D

Top Bottom