General HK450 Tail Hold

treff

Heli tail hold - YouTube

Sorry about the poor video first attempt. I can not get the tail to hold completely (see video) I have tried upping the gyro gain but then I get tail wag. I have retightened the belt drive but to no avail. This run up is approx half throttle. Please also cast an eye to the vibration in the head. Can you see anything a miss. I'm sure I have missed something. What do you think. Cecil has nothing to worry about.

Lee

Ok, the tail isn't going to hold until you get up to speed. I didn't see any vibration in the head. Make sure your gyro and servo are working in the right direction, (i'm sure you have, and looked at my gyro set up video)
The tail is moving against the torque, but once the tail reaches a higher speed, it will gain authority and hold the tail. If it still moves, then slide the tail servo up or down the boom by a couple of mm until the tail blades counter the torque without needing any help from you.

treff

Thanks Lee, great info as usual. I did not want to get any more head speed in case it started to fly. Getting close to lift off. Trying to be patient and waiting for training gear LOL. Strangely the receiver began to work again without any help from myself. I can not work that out at all. Mustn't grumble LOL.

Slobberdog

Hey Treff nearly there, for the fine adjust I put both tail blades at 90 degrees to the holders pointing back and with the servo at 90 degrees move the servo till the blades seem to be level by eye, after I done this I thought I would need minor adjusting but was lucky as it did not require anything.

treff

Thanks for that info Slobberdog thats going to do the trick. Yes nearly there. Getting pretty excited to get the first build off the deck and under control in the air. Well 4 foot off the deck will do for the first attempt. Will try a few quick hopps at first. Been looking at all the first flight videos on you tube have not been this excited since I launched my first glider off the top of the local mountain. Took he bits home in a carrier bag if memory serves LOL. Still looking forwards to the big lift off. Thanks for all the help and info. Could not have done it with out out you guys on the site

Slobberdog

i think its the easiest way to see the 0 degree pitch on the tail blade, imo, and it seemed to work for me, lol

Top Bottom