450 Hk450 and assan ga250

Sagard

I've watched every tutorial video I can find on setting up gyro and making sure the tail rotor is moving in the right directions in rate and hh mode but no matter what I do whenever I try to power up my helicopter it goes into a strong counter clockwise spin that no matter what I do I can't get it to stop.

I'm also using a dx6i with rate mode set at 30% and hh set at 75%. I've tried to change these values and I notice a difference on the work bench but no effect on the helicopter powered up.

Lee

Check my gyro videos.
You gyro compensation is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sagard

Yours was also one of the ones I watched ..I'm 100 % positive everything is moving the proper way ... It just does not hold when trying to fly

Lee

If its going into a violent spin, then it can't be right :)
Can you take a short clip of the movements like I have in my gyro video, so we can see whats going on.

Is the belt twisted the correct way?
What direction is the tail rotor spinning?

Last edited:

Sagard

I seriously doubt that the belt is twisted .. I bought this from someone who hovered it in their kitchen to show me it worked. There was no rotation or anything when he did it. The only difference in his setup to mine is I bound it to my radio.. I then used the settings that he told me was in his radio. Everything wooks perfect except it will not keep from spinning counter clockwise when hovering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Everything looks perfectly setup, thanks for the video. Check to make sure the single wire is plugged in the correct way, that wire should be on the signal side of channel 5. And make sure you have a gyro gain of about 65% set into the Tx. Only other thing from there is to adjust the tail linkage rod so that in Rate mode, it doesn't spin in a hover. This will mean a little right angle (pushing air to the right when looking at it from teh rear) on the blades. These gyros are great for what they are, but need a little help when you can give it to them.

Lee

Thanks for that. It all look correct as you said.
I just wanted to be sure.
Many times people have said its correct, when it wasn't (me included LOL )

Does it spin immediately on spool up?
What is the surface on the floor?
Hope i'm not asking stupid questions. Just want to be 100% sure.

Sagard

Neither one of the wires coming from the gyro have one wire .. I was slightly confused about that in the videos I watched Its a red colored tab instead of black and its the same color wires as all the other servo leads also ... It's hooked up the same as all of the other servo plugs with the lead wire going towards the label .. Again it flew in his kitchen

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt spin immediatly .. it's once it gets up to a good speed..I've tried on a kitchen table a linoleum floor and grass...obvioulsy it didnt spin on the grass but as soon as it lifts off the ground it starts into it's spin

- - - Updated - - -

I can take a video of what it does on spool up

Lee

Ok.
With the gyro in Rate mode, where is the pitch slider?
Is it in the middle of the range of movement available on the tail shaft?
Maybe the travel limits in your radio are different to the guy that had it before.

Lee

Looking at the video again, I can see that the amount of pitch to resist CCW torque, is very small.
I think you need to either move the servo up or down the boom, or adjust the tail control rod, to get more pitch.

Sagard

So ... No one suggested what the problem ended up being ... First i'm a moron lol ... I had removed the main blades to prevent accidental spool up and i put them on backwards ... once they were switched she holds heading perfect

Tony

Staff member
I have seen this more times than once. I just looked at teh video again to see if it showed the main blades, and it did not. I know you won't have this issue again. If you are like me, this one will stick with you.

Sagard

Oh you're so right ... I will never get stung by that again ... and once It was pointed out to me It made complete sense the way they are suppose to go .. lol ... oh well lesson learned :)

Top Bottom