Micro HK Solo Pro 180CP

cweeks0515

Anyone out there have any ideas about why this J6 tx and NE RX will not bind? I suspect the rx was bad from the
get go, but I didnt move fast enough and HK wont honor any warranty. So I am kinda stuck. Go through the bind process --
TX on with the Train SW on. TX goes into beep mode "S-H" -- hmmmm does that stand for "S--- H---" for buyin this POS in the first place?
Anyway -- plug up the RX , LED flashes briefly, goes solid -- and binds for about 20 seconds and they shuts down. Rebinding does not work at all!

Any thoughts?? I see they have the yellow version for $120 US -- but I dont really want to go through this whole frusturation again!

Lee

Just making sure you have followed the manual. Heres what they say for that radio.

1) turn on coach switch on TX (labelled trainer on my TX, top right switch), its a spring switch so you have to hold it.

2) power on the TX. the LCD should display: S-H (Flashing). The TX should also be beeping.

3) Power on the RX, the light should flash a bit.

4) Press the coding button... ??? not too sure what button this is not listed in the manual. The RX should flash fast now, indicating coding status.

5) RX light stops flashing and is solid (on).

6) TX display goes into standby mode (normal display mode).
I'm still looking on the internet for more info.

cweeks0515

thanks Lee- and yes I have the manual and did the steps you suggest. i also, do not understand what the "coding" sw on the rx is all about -- Chinenglish I bet!
I suspect the rx is bad from the get go -- but HK just will not service anything. Helipal has a replacement rx for $50 but I understand they are not reputable
from some of the reviews.
Guess I will stay with the good ol mcpx.

Thanks again.

Tony

Staff member
I have pretty much stopped ordering from anyone over seas. It's been over two weeks waiting for my batteries for my mcpx from HK, adn still nothing. I think I would rather pay a little more, and know exactly when I will get them. I'm almost to the point to where I will not use anything from China because of the crappy quality. No matter what, you will have to work on it. My Blade mSR, mCP-X and anything else that actually has quality control is great out of the box. HK450GT and the like, you have to "tinker" with to get right. Just seems like it's now worth it anymore.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and you are correct. helipal is worse than HK when it comes to customer service.

Lee

Tony, i'm still waiting for my batteries, and i ordered mine before you.

Tony

Staff member
That really sucks Lee. But you would have to wait until May anyway hahaha. I just want to fly my heli lmao.

heli-maniac

i have a solo pro 180 for sale needs some repair but it all works it will come with spare parts and 3 extra batteries
cheep 65.00 plus the ride

Top Bottom