500 HK 500 CMT Issuses

norjul

Hi Guys, I am thinking of upgrading to a HK 500 CMT, and would like to know how hard it is to put together, what parts need replacing from the start of build. And would like to know what size esc and motor to buy, pluss which servos to get, i know i will replace the belt for a align 500 one just because they seem a better belt. thankfull for any help i can get.

murankar

Staff member
Personally if your going to do the upgrades I would get an Align super combo or a Gaui X4. Save yourself the headache.

If you still want to by the HK then I would replace main shaft, feathering shafts, tail output shaft, main gear assembly.

Electrics not sure what runs on a 500. 1100kv motor possibly thee 26g servos for the swash, 75 amp ESC, 6s 35c packs. Other than that I am not knowledgeable on 500s so I can't say for sure.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

+1 to what Murankar says.....it just depends on how much money you wanna sink into it really
I have a CC 75a ESC in mine, you can go on up from there...but no need too, 90, or a 100 if you
really want to....I'd heard the YEP ESC's were decent probably save a buck there.....servos and motor
are where you'll sink some dough though....
DS510/515 on cyclic, and DS520/525 tail, although I've read where Hobby King has one on their site...
I think a Turnigy or something like that works pretty good but it's kinda high close to the Align servos I think.
If you can be patient you can get some deals on used parts

norjul

Thank you for your promt reply. I am only a pensioner so money is a bit tight, i like the hobby it gives me something to do.. i would like to go your way but have to settle with the hk500. i knew i had to replace some parts but did not know which ones to get, as long as i get the main body and tail the rest i can upgrade as and when i start the build, i was planning to use a yep 80amp esc and now that i have looked at trainrider06 post i will go with his advice and get the ds510's and ds520 servo's.

murankar

Staff member
I would also check out kst servos. I just bought a set for my Gaui X3. They might be cheaper than the Align servos. I will have to look and see which ones you would need. Or take the size and specs of the DS525s and compare that way. Lee and a few others have had good luck with the yep ESC so that should do well.

I would also look around the for sale ads on heli freak, rc heli nation and other forums plus eBay. You never know what you might find. You could very well find a decent setup for a more affordable price.

Kst Ds589mg will fit a 500 not sure the price I'll look.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

norjul

Thank you trainrider, I got a HK500 going to use a yep 80amp esc only because I got a yep program card. the motor is a turnigy 500 1300k, servo's are mg930's for cyclic and a gotech digital servo for tail, connected the tail servo and it works ok, not sure if it will work when I get around to spool up we can only see. I looked at the servo's that you sujested but they are a bit to dear for me at the moment but will work on it.

holtneil

Hi mate the align servos are made by Savox so are not Cheap but are really good and all gears set come as spares so once you buy them you dont ever need to replace them , Like Muranker said there are KST servos at a good price have a look at these , also gear sets can be brought for these too so keeps repair costs down
Raj at align-trex.co.uk does second hand servos all teseted, and ones removed from kits so no box but at a good price so check out his site postage is fast and cheap
https://www.align-trex.co.uk/
http://www.rcchinamade.com/3-x-kst-...l-swash-servos-for-450-700-rc-helicopter.html

Top Bottom