450 HK 450 fbl build/motor issues

webbizandy

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and just getting back into flying after a 8 years and have been trying to get a Hobbyking 450 fbl pro going that I never finished. I have a Trex 550e and wanted test doing an FBL setup on the 450 first before touching the 550.

I’ve installed a mini Kbar and it seems to be working ok apart from some minor twitching, but the big problem is the motor starts spinning up at full throttle regardless where the stick is, no matter what I do?
Throttle curve is set to normal 0-30-60 for testing, throttle hold does work but no amount of changes whether in the tx or trying different esc’s or connections makes any difference.
I’ve looked around on lots of the forums but can’t find much.
Any help would be fantastic.
Cheers
Andy

Smoggie

What transmitter? Some transmitters (Futaba being the main culprit) need throttle channel reversing.

Other than that, you could have the ESC throttle cable connected to the wrong port on the Kbar. Note that if using a traditional PWM receiver (one wire per channel) the ESC throttle wire needs to connect direct to the throttle channel of the receiver, not to the Kbar.

webbizandy

What transmitter? Some transmitters (Futaba being the main culprit) need throttle channel reversing.

Other than that, you could have the ESC throttle cable connected to the wrong port on the Kbar. Note that if using a traditional PWM receiver (one wire per channel) the ESC throttle wire needs to connect direct to the throttle channel of the receiver, not to the Kbar.
tx is a JR DSX9, I have changed a few things around and tried a new esc which I'd forgotten how to program so found the stick input method for max and min which seems to have worked.

Having spent hours on this thing it seems to be real close, just one thing I notice is the servos tend to wander a little after stick input, wondering if that's normal for fbl since I've never flown one. I'm used to the 550e which snaps into position without the slightest wander.

I'm thinking it might good to ditch the HK 450 since they don't have parts any more and get a better 450 or similar. Also I was looking to put an MSheli brain2 on the trex 550 assuming the system and software is a lot better than the Kbar.

Thanks for the help

Smoggie

Good that you got it sorted. With a FBL the servos don't directly follow stick input, so what you describe is probably normal.

Top Bottom