Hi to you all from the UK

les51

:newbie: Hi everyone I am a complete newbie to RC flying I have started a bit late in life at 62 so I will no doubt require quite a bit of help from here, I have just installed Phoenix Simulator V5 and I will use the Spektrum DX6i controller which I will use with my first plane. Hopefully after quite a bit of practice I will be ready to give it a go in the real world.

Jamman

Hi there,the flightsim will save you a lot of money,what plane are you planning on getting?Keep us up on your progress.

les51

Hi Jamman I haven't really thought about which plane yet but since using the sim I am getting hooked on the helis, but I am struggling on hovering I have not even tried to fly one. I have watched the training video and tutorials, I am quite sure it is mostly my inexperience but I am wondering if I might need to make some adjustments to my TX to help me, when I watch the video there appears to be very little movement on the controls of the TX on the video when I try even the slightest movement sends the heli off and when I try to correct it seems to over do it which results in a crash, I will search the posts on here for any suggestions if you know of any helpful posts perhaps you could advise me.
Les

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jamman I haven't really thought about which plane yet but since using the sim I am getting hooked on the helis, but I am struggling on hovering I have not even tried to fly one. I have watched the training video and tutorials, I am quite sure it is mostly my inexperience but I am wondering if I might need to make some adjustments to my TX to help me, when I watch the video there appears to be very little movement on the controls of the TX on the video when I try even the slightest movement sends the heli off and when I try to correct it seems to over do it which results in a crash, I will search the posts on here for any suggestions if you know of any helpful posts perhaps you could advise me.
Les

Admiral

Welcome to the forum from Australia, be careful taking an interest in Helicopters, they are addictive once you get the bug it's hard to shake, if you have somebody in your area that flies Helicopters hook up with them, I learnt in isolation and it was a hard slog, made every Newbee mistake that there was, biggest one was starting too small 300 size (Blade SR & Twister Gold) things only started to improve when I went up to 450. Whatever you do enjoy the Planes or Helicopters fun is what it is all about.

Top Bottom