450 Hi to eveyone on here i need lots of help beginner

mirrorcarp27

I have just started getting into RC Helicopter at the moment I am flying a MJX F45 Single Rotor Helicopter Complete 4 Channel (2.4GHz) and yes I have already crashed it and now waiting for parts so I can fix it lol. I also now going to get this too but need help not sure what I need?

Tarot 450 Sport Super Combo kit

Instruction:

●Newly designed head block with high rigidity and stability.
●Single piece integrated design of main bearing block and servo mount
●Single piece integrated design of anti-rotation guide and gyro mount.
●Single piece integrated landing gear.
●Highly stable flybar control system.
●High precision bearing mixing arms.
●Newly designed high resolution swashplate.
●Single piece battery mount with integrated canopy mount designed to bring CG closer to disk plane.
●Highly rigid frame with single piece carbon side and bottom plates.
●Highly efficient shaft driven tail design.
●Weighted tail rotor blade grips to repel centripetal forces.
●Straight-up in-frame rudder servo mount for improved geometry.
●Newly designed aerodynamic canopy.
●Newly designed high torque motor.
●Newly designed high strength main blade grips.

Specification:

●Length: 643mm
●Height: 228mm
●Main Rotor Diameter: 715mm
●Tail Rotor Diameter: 158mm
●Motor Drive Gear: 134T
●Main Drive Gear: 150T
●Autorotation Tail Drive Gear: 106T
●Tail Drive Gear: 25T
●Drive Gear Ratio: 1:10.7:4.24
●Weight(w/o power system): 440g
●Flying Weight: Approx. 760g

I have ordered all items below but I don't know if I need them all with a ? mark do I need both of them I am confuse if not which one should I use any help would be great

Radio transmitter and electronic equipment required for assembly
● 1 of Radio Controller DX6i DSMX 6 Channel TX Transmitter & Receiver AR6210 Mode 2
●Receiver(6-channel or more)
●Pitch gaugeX1
●11.1V 3S Li-Po 2000~2300mAh batteryX1
● RotorStar RS-3868MGT Digital Helicopter Tail Servo 29g / 3.0kg / 0.06sec
●3X ALIGN T-Rex DS416M Digital Servo HSD41601-KG New
● 1 of :Tarot 450 PRO 3800KV Brushless Motor TL450M 3.5mm (SKU136736)
●1 of :HOBBYWING FlyFun 30A 40A ESC Brushless For RC Quadcopter (SKU050461)
1 of :Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro System ZYX01 USB Programmer Link (SKU080443) ?????
1X G401B Head Lock Gyro MY401 KDS800 GY401 RC Trex 450 ???????

Package Included:

●Tarot 450 SPORT Kit Set X1 set
●325mm Wooden Blade

Admiral

Hi Mirrorcarp27,

The Helicopter you have ordered is Flybarred so you do not require the Tarot ZYX-S system, but it may come in handy down the track when you decide to upgrade to Flybarrless, not sure about the ESC you need a 40A but your not building a Quadcopter? One battery? no at least two and a charger I don't see that mentioned? I'm sure others will see things I have missed.

mirrorcarp27

oh sorry I have already got a 2cell 7.4v 3cell 11.1v dc Li-Po Balanced Charger and I have ordered Twin Pack Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 20-30C Lipo Battery Pack RC Plane Heli Car

Derek

Hi there, mirrorcarp! I have moved your thread to the 450 section because your thread is mostly asking about 450 helicopter help. The original section of the forum is primarily reserved for New Member Introductions. No problem though.

There is a variety of tools you will inevitably need in the future, ball link pliers, very handy. I bought some carbon fibre spare blades with my first heli, waste of money for a novice though, you will crash and smash them, I only buy cheap ones now till I get competent in flying. But I make sure they have the brass washer in the fixing hole to give it a bit of strength. You will need spares...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey microcarp. If you can afford a simulator I'd get one, there great to help you fly. And a section in the forum dedicated to sims for help

Lee

Hi,
Where are you ordering your gear from?
Maybe we can have a look through whats available and let you know what the best options are.

murankar

Staff member
We have lots of stuff for sale, at least we did. If I recall right is the GY401 an older gyro (pizeo)? If so mine is Mems and will have an Align tail servo with it. Anyhow take a look in the sale ads and see what is there.

mirrorcarp27

Hi,
Where are you ordering your gear from?
Maybe we can have a look through whats available and let you know what the best options are.

Items listed below are coming from China website called Online Shopping for Cool Gadgets, RC helicopter & Quadcopter, Mobile phone, Fashion at Banggood.com and other item from Ebay.co.uk and Hobbyking.com at the moment I have a MJX F45 4 channel 2.4ghz Helicopter so I can try to get some fly experience I have already crash this and I have just repair it parts are cheap to replace also got a training Landing kit too.

Order Items:

1 of :Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro System ZYX01 USB Programmer Link (SKU080443) Warehouse CN £28.03
1 of :Tarot 450 PRO 3800KV Brushless Motor TL450M 3.5mm (SKU136736) Warehouse CN £13.71
1 of :Tarot 450 Sport Super Combo Kit TL20008 Trex 450 Clone (SKU141831) Warehouse CN £68.30
1 of :HOBBYWING FlyFun 30A 40A ESC Brushless For RC Quadcopter (SKU050461)
Current: 40A Warehouse CN £19.85
1 of :Tarot 450 RC Helicopter Accessories Helical Gear(12T) TL45157 (SKU136702) Warehouse CN £1.21
1 of :EMAX ES09MD Digital Swash Servo For 450 Helicopter With Metal Gear (SKU095890) Warehouse CN £5.46

chrisrock

Items listed below are coming from China website called Online Shopping for Cool Gadgets, RC helicopter & Quadcopter, Mobile phone, Fashion at Banggood.com and other item from Ebay.co.uk and Hobbyking.com at the moment I have a MJX F45 4 channel 2.4ghz Helicopter so I can try to get some fly experience I have already crash this and I have just repair it parts are cheap to replace also got a training Landing kit too.

Order Items:

1 of :Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro System ZYX01 USB Programmer Link (SKU080443) Warehouse CN £28.03
1 of :Tarot 450 PRO 3800KV Brushless Motor TL450M 3.5mm (SKU136736) Warehouse CN £13.71
1 of :Tarot 450 Sport Super Combo Kit TL20008 Trex 450 Clone (SKU141831) Warehouse CN £68.30
1 of :HOBBYWING FlyFun 30A 40A ESC Brushless For RC Quadcopter (SKU050461)
Current: 40A Warehouse CN £19.85
1 of :Tarot 450 RC Helicopter Accessories Helical Gear(12T) TL45157 (SKU136702) Warehouse CN £1.21
1 of :EMAX ES09MD Digital Swash Servo For 450 Helicopter With Metal Gear (SKU095890) Warehouse CN £5.46

I've got those emax servos, coming in the mail, I'll let you know how they go on a 450 basher heli.

murankar

Staff member
That esc is for quads, you might want to look at one for helis.

If this heli is a flybar kit then the ZYX-S wont work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

mirrorcarp27

That esc is for quads, you might want to look at one for helis.

If this heli is a flybar kit then the ZYX-S wont work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Hi can I still use this ESC 40A that I am waiting to be delivered as I don't know anything about them. What do you think I should use with my motor and battery. I sort of know a little bit about ZYX-S I can use this if I decide to upgrade this to flybarless system? main rotor would I need to upgrade tail system as well?

Lee

I just checked the specs.
Nothing I can see, would tell me it can only be used for Multirotor craft.
The only reason would be if its flashed with Simons K firmware, which its not.
Maybe you can send them a quick email, just to be on the safe side.

mirrorcarp27

I just checked the specs.
Nothing I can see, would tell me it can only be used for Multirotor craft.
The only reason would be if its flashed with Simons K firmware, which its not.
Maybe you can send them a quick email, just to be on the safe side.

Ok thanks what do you mean flashed with Simons K firmware and what's the email address to ask if it can be used with 450 heli

murankar

Staff member
Simmon K firmware is used to optimize the esc for quad. Anyhow as for the tail if this kit is in fact a flybar heli then all you would need is a tail head hold gyro. The setup will be mostly mechanical and the tail will have some setup mechanicaly and a bit of setup on the gyro. Yes the ZYX-S can be used for flybarless and most of the trex 450 clones can be switched to fbl. I am not sure if the sport can convert, what changes is the main shaft, head, feathering shaft. On the tail you will remove the headhold gyro and replace with the ZYX-S. Everything else would stay the same.

mirrorcarp27

Simmon K firmware is used to optimize the esc for quad. Anyhow as for the tail if this kit is in fact a flybar heli then all you would need is a tail head hold gyro. The setup will be mostly mechanical and the tail will have some setup mechanicaly and a bit of setup on the gyro. Yes the ZYX-S can be used for flybarless and most of the trex 450 clones can be switched to fbl. I am not sure if the sport can convert, what changes is the main shaft, head, feathering shaft. On the tail you will remove the headhold gyro and replace with the ZYX-S. Everything else would stay the same.

I have done some searching on the web and look what I came across I think this is the upgrade kit that I can use when I am ready to upgrade have a look Tarot 450 New Flybarless System Main Rotor Set TL45110-04 [TL45110-04] - ï¿¥158.00 : Tarot-rc.com,Helicopter,Multirotor, Tarot-rc.com,Helicopter,Multirotor also would I need to upgrade the tail system? with the Hobbywing flyfun 40A ESC brushless I have ordered a programme card but need help with the setting here are my options HOBBYWING RC Model ESC Program Card for R/C Hobby Helicopter Airplane PC543 with RCECHO Full Version Apps Edition: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Introduction Thank you for interesting our Program Card for brushless motor electronic speed controller. With this device, you can easily set the programming value of ESC. Now you can just forget the complex and boring program method with the throttle stick of your transmitter. This Program Card has a friendly user interface. It is as small as a business card, so you could put it in your pocket when you are on field.

Specifications
Dimensions (Length x Width x Height): 95 x 57 x 8mm
Weight: 26g

Front Panel
1. Use "up/down" button to select programming item, use `left/right` button to select item value.

2. Brake: When "Brake" is ON, the motor will stop quickly after the throttle stick is moved to bottom.

3. Low Voltage Protection Mode (Cutoff Type):
When "Soft-Cut" is selected, the ESC will reduce the output power; When "Cut-Off" is selected, the ESC will immediately cut off the output power to motor.

4. Low Voltage Protection Threshold (Cutoff Voltage):
For Li-xx battery (Li-ion or Li-poly), the number of battery cells are calculated automatically, Low / Medium / High cutoff voltage of each cell is: 2.6v / 2.85v / 3.1v. For example: 3S Li-poly, when "Medium" cutoff voltage is set, the cutoff voltage is: 2.85 x 3 = 8.55V.

For Ni-xx battery (NiCd or NiMH), Low / Medium / High cutoff voltages are 0% / 45% / 60% of the initial voltage when the model is power on. (0% means the cut-off function is disabled)
For example: 10 cellls NiMH battery, fully charged voltage is 1.44 x 10 = 14.4V, when "Medium" value is selected, the cutoff voltage is: 14.4 x 45% = 6.5V.

Last edited by a moderator:

mirrorcarp27

Hi please could you help me with this i don’t know if you know a new Accurc Precision Simulator software will be out in a few days. I need to find a compatible cheap 6ch. Helicopter Transmitter for Simulator use only that will work with the software as i am a beginner and i need to get some flying experiences at the moment i am using a 4ch 2.4ghz MJX F45 Helicopter and i have already crashed this a few time and done some repairs so i need this Simulator to help me.

Also I got my early Christmas present a Tarot 450 pro V2 Helicopter kit only (stored until Christmas) and i have all the electrics compound and a 6ch transmitter but i don’t want to use this for the Simulator use as this has been stored until Christmas.

Ps I have also emailed the company who as made this Simulator but no reply yet.

Regards

Scott.

Top Bottom