Hi there from South Africa

Jasonbirdman

Hi all, my names Jason, if you didn't already notice 'Jasonbirdman' yes I can fly...in my dreams lol :biggrin-new:

This site is awesome, Thanks for all the help, my Trex 250pro was amazing to build and set up...Tony you rock!

I also have the other 2 Align babies, 100s and 150dfc. My 100 is on display, bit bored of it so not really keen on getting the new logic board it needs, looks great through :) My 150 is my current focus, just waitin on the V2 Mrs boards to get here...like in a week :D oh and I am sooo chuffed to have found Nexrc...Tony did I mention you rock!

I'm all about helis these days, started on a small walkera about 10 years ago while living in the UK. I got that in the air a few times but wouldn't say I had any control tehe. Got proper hooked with my little Buzz Fly also about 10 years ago, getting that to hover was amazing but I eventually crashed it beyond repair and thought I'd hold out for better tech. Went back to planes at the time, been through quite a few, couple foam slope soaring wings, foam glider, fiberglass 2m discuss glider with pop up air brakes and cool blun..cigar smoking pilot(smashed that plane to smithereens), JP Pretty park flier (also eventually smashed on a very windy silly day :|). I currently have a Palio Spice by Scorpio. I really liked the look of their plane at the time so made it my next. They don't seem to do the spice any more but have the 'pro' now, considering getting that for another set of wings as its based on the same fuselage ^^. I'm currently refurbishing mine, going to recover in the same color scheme as my latest plane. My Palio Spice 2.4m(I think, its about that) runs a 6 cell 4000mAh 15c, 500kv motor, 60amp esc, 36-24 14-9,5'' folding props. My latest plane build is a tom glider 1.8m by blezjyk.pl, very raw kit, took quite a lot of work. Its mostly black with florescent red stripes under wings and red wing tips topside. Haven't flown it yet, still busy with equipment but looking forward to that at some point :D Thinking 4 cell lipo, 1200kv motor, 60amp esc, super fast hotliner ^^

Back to my helis, when the align 100 came out, I knew it was time and jumped on that lol. Its been a few years...I can now hover a heli nose in tehe yh I'm a slow learner :p The 150DFC was next heli, and as mentioned my focus at the moment. Had a bit of a crash on it and damaged the Mrs board :'( probably the worst thing I could have damaged. In the mean time, waiting for the V2 boards, I've been practicing with my 100 and built a 250pro. Basically gonna use the 150 as my 3D trainer...and scarepigeon...lol with that nexrc dino canopy. Oh and eventually I intend to FPV all my gear ^^

And that's pretty much my rc life....well life really, I don't have too many friends either...one for sure if we count the dog :p

Glad to be here xD

and thanks again for all the help :)

KLA

Welcome to our group, Jason. Sounds like you've got a good bit of expierence in the RC world. Your knowledge will be very helpful for the other members. But, be careful with that Trex 250. It can be quite touchy. I've seen the 250 be compared to a hummingbird on crack. Would love to see some pictures of your fleet if you get a chance.

sneezy007

Welcome Jason, lots of great help on this site. This is very cool, we have people on here from all over the world.

Cheers,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
The little 150 is a fun little helicopter and yes, NexRC is a fantastic place for parts for it. A bit on the expensive side, but they have top notch CS which in my book is invaluable.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Jasonbirdman

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :) and sorry for the late reply, i had some internet issues :| Also sorry for a bit of misinfo on the V2 150mRS boards, the shop I get my bits from are confused XD not sure when they're due, don't really care anymore since I got one of the V1's for 30% off :) and she flys again! :D

few pics attached of my fleet :) PSX_20160929_102608.jpgPSX_20160929_123014.jpgPSX_20160929_123756.jpgPSX_20160929_123303.jpg

PSX_20160929_102608.jpg

PSX_20160929_123014.jpg

PSX_20160929_123756.jpg

PSX_20160929_123303.jpg

Top Bottom