Hi guys!

Hey folks! Just wanted to say hi! I started RC years ago and ended up taking a break from it. Now I'm back and enjoying flying again. I have a foam, electric air plane and also a Align 450 SE V2 heli. My heli's electronics are glitching on me after spooling it up. I've rearranged my ESC and receiver locations, rerouted my wires and still getting the glitching. That is why I have come to RC HELP. I know this is not the place to post my issue in the forum, just wanted to share incase I got a hit. i just got a new ESC and motor in, going to solder them up and swap them out to see if that helps. The heli has been crashed, years ago before storing it. That may have something to do with it. I never really knew how to set it up until recently, so I crashed it a few times right off the bat. I've logged LOTS of hours on a simulator but can't get the glitches out to fly mine!

Glad to be here and have some help with the hobby! :D

Heliman450

Hi there ndavisenterprise, welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find a way to resolve your troubles here.

I think you should describe more fully what you mean by "glitches" so that anyone wanting to offer advice can zero in on possible causes. From experience, I'd suggest not to just change out things hoping to catch the problem(s). If you have the money it's probably better to just scrap the old heli and strip it for mechanical bits still serviceable. Electronics are another thing, be very careful not to transfer problems elsewhere. These days, I keep a record of my spending on a particular model and in future will limit myself to 50% of the original cost.

Good luck,
Heliman450

Thank you Admiral!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Heliman for the response! I will definitely keep that rule of thumb in mind, I like it. I have a one way bearing coming, if I can't fly it after his next repair then I will scrap this heli and start with a more current model! Do you have a 450 or 600 you would recommend? Xheli Esky?

Heliman450

Thank you Admiral!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Heliman for the response! I will definitely keep that rule of thumb in mind, I like it. I have a one way bearing coming, if I can't fly it after his next repair then I will scrap this heli and start with a more current model! Do you have a 450 or 600 you would recommend? Xheli Esky?

I'm flying a Blade 450X as my latest heli. I wanted to make the change to flybarless and it was recommended to me by my then flying instructor. I'm getting back into the hobby after a break of a few years. My next will be a very different process.

First of all I'd go for the best Quality I can afford. Size will depend upon my Progress in the near future. Next is that I feel it important to be able to get ready access to the spares so I'll be checking out my local Hobby shop for the servos etc. I'm also a member of my local flying Club where many fly Align helis.

So the exact model I wouldn't care to say. Think through the above and see how it works for your own Situation. If you need any support then also consider what those nearby use so that they can more easily help you.

Right on! I live in a small town, we don't have any hobby shops, so I have to depend on the internet. I've noticed that most of the parts for my align 450 SE V2 have been discontinued, ha, that's a message it's time to upgrade! LOL

I've seen a few videos on the flybarless hell's and I didn't know what to think about them. I thought it looked like cheating a bit. Is that the case?

I am trying to network with other pilots, hell's and planes. I've found a few plane pilots but nobody is into the hell's here in the big ole town of Hobbs, NM that I 've found as of yet!!! I have been learning on my own and these days with youtube, it is so much easier!!

If anything this old heli has been a great refresher in the workings of it all!! :D I'm so excited to fly again!!!

Heliman450

Right on! I live in a small town, we don't have any hobby shops, so I have to depend on the internet. I've noticed that most of the parts for my align 450 SE V2 have been discontinued, ha, that's a message it's time to upgrade! LOL

I've seen a few videos on the flybarless hell's and I didn't know what to think about them. I thought it looked like cheating a bit. Is that the case?

I am trying to network with other pilots, hell's and planes. I've found a few plane pilots but nobody is into the hell's here in the big ole town of Hobbs, NM that I 've found as of yet!!! I have been learning on my own and these days with youtube, it is so much easier!!

If anything this old heli has been a great refresher in the workings of it all!! :D I'm so excited to fly again!!!

Hi again, "flybarless cheating" ??? All systems undergo improvements in time. My vehicle doesn't use stone wheels or solid tyres any more. It also uses fuel injection instead of a carburettor. It's just progress.

A flybarless heli won't change your ability to fly the machine, it's just the latest available tech., the pilot still has to go through the pain of crashing whilst learning how to fly. Even with my limited flying capabilities I can tell the difference between a take off with my flybarless compared to my flybar helis (just about). According to the setup instructions for my flybarless heli, it's possible to make it "feel" more like a flybar heli...........why?????? If you bought a muscle car would you tune it to work like a compact?

Check out my discussion in the Lounge, I'm testing out what can be done to help new starters ease the frustration from constantly crashing the heli by exploring what needs to be done to understand better what is gained from a simulator. I've been like yourself for most of my involvement, nobody around to help out because I was working away from home over the last 18 years. Also like yourself, my local flying club doesn't have many heli enthusiasts but at least I have an approved location to fly and the insurance that comes with a flying club.

So, enough for now, my heli calls.
Heliman450

Top Bottom