Hi from uk

Littlelegs63

Hi everyone I’m fairly new to electric RCA’s helicopters but have had several TVs rally/track trucks but always secretly wanted a heli but on a budget so I purchased a wltoys v950 3D/6G the battery is my concern only used to nic cads etc I’ve ordered a spare as according to the cell balancer after a balance charge still shows only 1.5%charged it’s a 11.1v 1500 3smah also if poss advice on tx upgrade wltoys uses the KN protocol what are my options? Sorry it’s a long intro

Admiral

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Now what battery charger are you using ? a proper LiPo suitable charger, a photo of your charger with a battery plugged in would help.
Please be careful with LiPo batteries if your unsure of what your doing, they can burst into flames at extremely high temperatures if mistreated.

Littlelegs63

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Now what battery charger are you using ? a proper LiPo suitable charger, a photo of your charger with a battery plugged in would help.
Please be careful with LiPo batteries if your unsure of what your doing, they can burst into flames at extremely high temperatures if mistreated.
Hi thanks for your reply I’m using a imax b6 not a fake one and charge in the explosion bag I’ve learnt that much

Admiral

Hi thanks for your reply I’m using a imax b6 not a fake one and charge in the explosion bag I’ve learnt that much

That's great, now your connections the main power lead is plugged into the iMax charge port and the balance plug into the balance port ?

RandyDSok

Yes they only connect one way deans plug to chathelead balance will only fit in balance port

I believe what you were being asked was are you connecting both the power cables ( no matter what type of connector ) as well as the balance leads up to the charger?

As far as your question about a TX upgrade... your guess is as good as anyone's when it comes to any WL Toys model. They are only selling toy grade RC stuff and change protocols and parts like many of us change clothes. I know they've used Flysky, Hisky, Kn, and many many other protocols in their models. Finding compatible replacement components on hobby grade RC equipment is sometimes challenging but getting the same for toy grade is much harder and seldom worth the effort.

I did find a nice spreadsheet listing a lot of info about various toy grade RC equipment ( it didn't list a v950 ) that you may find handy

Toy Grade RC Spreadsheet

Littlelegs63

I believe what you were being asked was are you connecting both the power cables ( no matter what type of connector ) as well as the balance leads up to the charger?

As far as your question about a TX upgrade... your guess is as good as anyone's when it comes to any WL Toys model. They are only selling toy grade RC stuff and change protocols and parts like many of us change clothes. I know they've used Flysky, Hisky, Kn, and many many other protocols in their models. Finding compatible replacement components on hobby grade RC equipment is sometimes challenging but getting the same for toy grade is much harder and seldom worth the effort.

I did find a nice spreadsheet listing a lot of info about various toy grade RC equipment ( it didn't list a v950 ) that you may find handy

Toy Grade RC Spreadsheet
Thanks

Admiral

Hang on Littelegs63 we haven't fixed your problem yet. I was probably trying to be too subtle,

1. Firstly your battery at 1.5% is in danger of being damaged, the true reading of a battery is Voltage which you should be able to read on your battery tester, a LiPo should never have a cell reading of less than 3.3 volts per cell as it can be permanently damaged, most people only take their batteries down to 3.7v per cell which equates to about 20%.

2. Your iMax B6 only charges through the charge lead (Deans in your case) and only when the Charge menu is selected. The balance lead must also be plugged in to balance charge, the function of the balance lead is to send data back to the iMax to allow it to adjust the charge to each cell individually until it is balanced.

There is nothing wrong with flying a WLtoys helicopter, most of us started with them or something similar they are a lot of fun at a reasonable price.

Note: I got duped into buying a Non genuine iMax B6 when I started, it worked fine for about 12 months and then died, stunk the garage out when the magic smoke came out of it, so I'm glad to hear you started with a genuine iMax.

We are all here to help, we all had to learn in the beginning.

Last edited:

Littlelegs63

Hi your reply is appreciated I’ve purchased anther battery dunno why it’s failed maybe a duff from factory I’ll Carry on with the wltoys better to learn n crash a cheaper model nearly bought a align trex but much

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi your reply is appreciated I’ve purchased anther battery dunno why it’s failed maybe a duff from factory I’ll Carry on with the wltoys better to learn n crash a cheaper model nearly bought a align trex but much
Hey Littlelegs63 and :welcome1:. As for lipo batteries, you can get a bad one. You have no idea how long that battery been sitting in a ware house. It could have a bad cell. Shoot...you might of charged it wrong and damage a cell or even the battery. I'm not saying you did. I'm just giving you some example. Glad you purchased another lipo and I think you will be up and flying soon :).

Littlelegs63

Hi that’s what I’m hoping gotta check pitch for 0 at mid stick I’ve not been able to find a awash plate leveller to fit the wltoys so will try the zip tie method when I have gotten some super glue

RandyDSok

I'd also mention that saying something is "toy grade" isn't really a slight against the device... it's just a classification just like hobby or pro grade. Of course getting replacement parts after a device is discontinued may become an issue later... but that is the main drawback you need to be considering. In fact, the toy grade stuff has been getting much better than they used to be... they just have some limitations that you need to consider.

Top Bottom