Hi from the UK

HGJL2009

Hello
I'm Glynn, 61 years old, been into RC Helicopters from the early days, Schulter Heliboy and MM Lark were my first models. I have most sizes of models from HK450 upto a TZ 90 V2.
I tend to fly circuits and a loop & roll now and again, certainly no 3D, do not have the reactions or eyesight for that. Having a second go at FBL now the controllers have got a lot
better. So converting my Trexx600N to FBL with a 3GX. Have been watching the excellent video's on YouTube. Certainly takes the sting out of the setup. Many thanks for that.
I also enjoy flying my Quadcopter which is fitted with the DJI lite & GPS.

Regards
Glynn

Tony

Staff member
Hey Glynn, welcome to the forum! The 600N is a great heliocpter, however if your experience is like mine, you will NOT like that 3GX on there. I ended up putting an AR7200BX on mine, and I'm getting ready to put an Ikon on there. Something to think about. The 3GX likes to tip on the ground. 4.0 was much better, but the tail bounced around. I'm sure 4.1 will be even better.

Any questions, just ask!

:welcome1:

murankar

Staff member
Yep and the version 3s were great if you could get the darn thing off the ground fast enough.

iKon would be a great fit.

Helidirect is taking pre orders for the Gaui rebranded v-bar. Its v-bar but with Gaui's name on it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Since I have my 450 back, I might just stick the 3GX back on it and see if I can solve the issue with the tail in 4.0. But with a BX and an ikon sitting on the desk, it's going to be hard not to stick one of them on this bird lol.

HGJL2009

Thanks for the welcome guy's, I live in what's supposed to be the driest county "Essex" but our club CMFA is like a Quagmire at the moment. It will take sometime to dry out, if this rain ever stops.
I thought the 3GX was a reasonable choice, but now having doubts, so may put this project on the back burner for a while until I can afford a BeastX, seems a shame to wreck the 600 when I have
just put new servo's DS615s, FBL head and 3D Blades on it, even changed the back bearing in the engine, want to get it right so the 3GX may just go on a cheap as chips HK500TT.

Ian R

Since I have my 450 back, I might just stick the 3GX back on it and see if I can solve the issue with the tail in 4.0. But with a BX and an ikon sitting on the desk, it's going to be hard not to stick one of them on this bird lol.

Hi Tony,
Would you mind coming out to Oz and tuning the 800 for me using the 3GX, then change over to the DJI Wookong H. Thanks, very kind of you...lol. By the way, when did 3GX 4.1 come out? No signs of it on Aligns website.
Ian.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Glynn,
Welcome from another newbie. Check my post as we have a lot in common.
Cheers
Ian.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Glynn,
Welcome from another newbie. Check my post as we have a lot in common.
Cheers
Ian.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY we are a friendly bunch and always willing to help out the fellow rc'er no matter the issue as you probably already noticed glad to have you aboard glynn i remember some of the older helis my hobby shop has an older thunder tiger 90 hanging from their ceiling...

Top Bottom