Hi from Dallas

fhu667

New heli pilot and returning to fly after a 25 year break with plankers. Getting ready to start a Warp 360 build. I'm definitely stoked!

fhu667

Yes, your compadre told me about this site. I've been asking him tons of questions the last couple of days.

Tony

Staff member
He said I was his friend? hahahahaa.

All joking aside, yup, he has been on this forum since almost day 1. And he has come a long way in this hobby. Surpassed me about a year ago in flying abilities.

I'm just south of Noble which is south of OKC about 30 miles or so.

fhu667

I let him talk me into that Warp, and I can't wait till it gets here. It wouldn't surprise me if he owned stock in Compass!

Tony

Staff member
hahaha. The 360 is a great helicopter. everyone that I know that has one, loves it. There were a few complaints when it first came out, but then they sent out new parts, and all of the issues were fixed. I really want one, just have too much on my plate with the other website right now.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. I live south of Waco at the moment. I will be in the dfw area in about 2 months. Fun fly time.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Welcome to the forum Dude. You chosen the best 450 size heli there is. I absolutely love mine.

fhu667

If I weren't so heavily invested in the 300X on spare parts I'd consider it myself. :)

How do you like your 300x? i have 2 of them that I haven't flown much. One has never been flown. I ended up with enough spare parts to put it together. The second one was part of a learning curve, and it has been repaired about as much as it's been flown. I hope to get some flights on it this weekend if the weather will permit.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum Dude. You chosen the best 450 size heli there is. I absolutely love mine.

I was torn between the Gaui X3 and the Warp. I really wanted to pull the trigger on a Goblin, but Gaba talked me out of it. It was a lot of money, and it would have drug out the build. Maybe when I learn to fly a little better that might be something to step up to. My wife was absolutely not helping the process. All she kept saying was for me to get what I wanted. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah ... Couldn't keep him out for too long :p :D

What's all this ruckus about association with Gaba... Lol

I see how it is :D lol

pvolcko

fhu667 said:
How do you like your 300x? i have 2 of them that I haven't flown much. One has never been flown. I ended up with enough spare parts to put it together. The second one was part of a learning curve, and it has been repaired about as much as it's been flown. I hope to get some flights on it this weekend if the weather will permit.

Sorry on the delay. Never checked back in the thread. :) I like the 300X quite a bit. They can be temperamental (tail vibrations particularly), but they're pretty easy to work on, cheap to repair, pretty good power stock and big enough to fly around a decent sized area and maintain orientation. I've crashed mine a dozen or more times now. Big downside are the plastic gear servos. Very easy to strip out and they're a bit of a pain to keep popping off to repair. I'd like to upgrade to some metal gear servos, if they exist. Haven't looked into it. At least the plastic gear sets are cheap. I buy them 5 or 6 at a time. :) This heli is pretty much my real life simulator. It sees pretty much all my new maneuvers before the rest.

Top Bottom