Hi from another New Zealander

Stambo

Hi all
Westy tells me you're a good bunch here so I thought I'd come and check it out.
Maybe ask for the occasional bit of advice
And perhaps I may even be able to help someone.

My hangar houses the following
Trex 500 (Still get very nervous flying this.)
Esky belt cp (Retired) Have to reassemble and sell it one day.
Homebuilt Alloy Quad 1 meter tip to tip (semi retired)
HJ450 Quad from Banngood (just completed) this will be my main FPV platform
WL Toys V949 x2 I have nano FPV gear to fit to one, the other is my good fun thrasher
WL Toys V911 Helicopter x2
All of them are controlled by a virtually stock 9x transmitter. (It has a back light and a life battery.)

Tony

Staff member
You have you a nice little hangar there Stambo! welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, just post up.

:welcome1:

Lee

Nice to see you here Stambo. Post up pics of your fleet to show the gang. I'm lovin the Banggood products. Cheap and work well.

Ken Jackson

Welcome, I've learned a lot already and just joined recently. Love my 500, why are you nervous about your 500?
Ken

Stambo

Welcome, I've learned a lot already and just joined recently. Love my 500, why are you nervous about your 500?
Ken

I worry too much about how much a crash will cost me. :)
That's why I love the little V949 quad so much. I can be crazy with it and the worst I can do is write off a $40 quad.
Can't wait to get the FPV gear set up on one.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY..... ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!! Hey any friend of westies is a friend of ours NW iniana here UNITED STATES located at southern tip of LAKE MICHIGAN

Tony

Staff member
Indiana? HELL YEAH!!! Born in Muncie at Ball Memorial. I do miss that state, but don't miss the cold!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Stambo !!!!!! Good to see you finally came into the fold! haha......

was actually trying to get hold of you today to ask you about those Banggood Quads you were throwing around the other week! ..... I am keen as I have just seen the turn in weather .... and will go stir crazy if I can't fly! haha - Good To See you here!

Karubah

WELCOME!!!.. Stambo from across the gutter in Aus. You'll find these a great mob to help out on any problems you may have. Enjoy your stay..Cheers Andy:welcome1:

wolfman76

Boy ken you weren't lying when you said it is dialed in... I couldn't even tell you almost crashed either.... GREAT FLYING!!!

Stambo

Hey Stambo !!!!!! Good to see you finally came into the fold! haha......

was actually trying to get hold of you today to ask you about those Banggood Quads you were throwing around the other week! ..... I am keen as I have just seen the turn in weather .... and will go stir crazy if I can't fly! haha - Good To See you here!

The V949 quads can be a bit of a handful inside, they cover a lot of ground really quickly unless you dumb them down a bit, and then they are no fun at all.
The V911 heli on the other hand, in a lounge like yours you could have a ball.
You can also get them BNF as they both fly much better on a 9x tx. (Unit linked is dearer than HK but free post and modulised version so you can remove the module without modification.)

How to bind V949 to 9x tx and settings. Works for v911 also.
Link

And for either, be sure to get extra batteries. V949 V911

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I can see I'm going to like it here.:excitement:

Top Bottom