Hi from Albuquerque NM

Hey all,

I am fairly new to RC helis, I own a blade 120sr and I can fly that well. I just traded a nitro truck for a 250 pro dfc, flight sim, and a bunch of spares and batteries. I get my dx7s today (patiently waiting for delivery).

I have been flying the sim for the past couple of weeks and I am comfortable hovering in all 8 orientations, flips and rolls, so I am pumped about my maiden flight of the 250.

I have never setup a programmable radio before and never flown a 6ch other than the sim, so there is a little bit of nerves.

Anyone from ABQ let me know, I dont know any one who flies in the area and I have not joined a club yet.......

Scott

Tony

Staff member
If that 250 is your first collective pitch, you are in for a surprise. They are very twitchy and you have to check every bolt on that thing before every flight, as well as after. When you get a 450 or even a 500, you will be amazed at the stability.

I have quite a few videos on the DX8 and they will transfer over to the DX7s in most cases. They should help you out in learning how to program the Tx anyway.

:welcome1:

pvolcko

And do not fly that 250 indoors while learning to fly it! The head speed and blade mass is way higher than on the 120SR, to the point of being dangerous to objects and persons if you crash into something/someone.

Make sure to start off with plenty of expo on the elevator and aileron. That will calm the twitchiness down a bit.

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on a pretty big open field just in case it starts to get away. I have also heard of tail wag issues if not setup right so I want to make sure I have room for error when on maiden flight

Lee

Welcome to the forum.
I would seriously advise strapping some training gear to it for the first few flights. It will save you from many close calls, whether they are human error or mechanical.
Once you know everything is fine, take them off and have fun.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. Training gear is not a must but I highly encourage you do so. I know it's a 250 but Those things are a squirrelly in the air.

Once you learn It though you'll want a bigger heli, so start saving now.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with the training gear, it saved me from numorous crash situations while learning to fly. I made my own set for my 450. They are easy and inexpensive to make. Take a look in my pictures and you will see it strapped on the 450 3D.

Top Bottom