Hi All

snsn

I've been out of the hobby for over 5 years.
Getting back in and I'm trying to decide what to buy???
So many choices!!!
I used to be sport flyer, not too much 3D.
Owned everything up to 90 size!
Trying to learn all I can, what a learning sure!
Great info here Tony, very helpful, thanks.

Tony

Staff member
You are right about that. The choices are almost endless. Since you have experience with flying helicotpers, I would suggest getting a 550 size to get back into it. Only 1 6s pack is required for flight, it uses the 600 head and tail but with shorter blades and a shorter boom. Great helicopter and the Align 550 Dominator is a great way to start back into this hobby.

Sadly, Nitro is falling away thanks to the new LiPo's that are out there. But you can get almost as much run time, with more power with the new electric birds now.

Do you have a preference on what size or brand helicopter you get?

And thanks for the kind words, I'm trying to keep on top of things but have fallen behind the last year and now trying to play catch up.

Welcome to RCH!
:welcome1:

snsn

At first, I was just looking to get a 450 to play with. I don't belong to a club or field anymore and don't plan on joining one. I was looking at the Blade 450X RTF., then thought about the Gaui X3. I liked the 360 size , my eyes aren't getting any better!
Now thinking about waiting for the new Blade 360 CFX. I'm not looking to build and I'm really challenged with setup! But the 500 sizes , Gaui X5 SAB 500 look really nice too! Decisions....Decisions!

Tony

Staff member
In the 360 size, which is great, there is the Align 450 Dominator, Warp 360, Gaui X3, and just a hair larger than that, is the brand new Goblin 380. All of which are great helicopters. I think the Align is the cheapest out of them though, but the Warp has a very low parts count.

I can understand not wanting to build them too, however, even one that is already built, you are going to need to go completely through it and tread lock every bolt going into metal, set the head up to your specs, and by the time you get done, you could have built one. and as always, we are here to help no matter what you choose.

Remember though, the Goblin 500 is a TRUE 500 size. The Align 500 has 425mm blades whereas the Goblin has 500mm blades. Then the Align 550 obviously has 550mm blades. The larger you go, the more stable in the air it will be.

I could keep going on about this for hours lol. Just keep posting up and we will keep helping out.

Top Bottom