General Hey tony

Manard

Hey tony I have purchased a dynam e-razor 450 and a dx6i and have watched your setup videos which have been so helpful the only thing is the throttle hold switch when I turn it off the heli automatically starts to power up to about quarter throttle I am very new to this so any help will be muchly appreciated
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the correct section.

Frist thing you want to do is go into your throttle curve and make sure that throttle hold is set to 0 all the way across. Then, check normal mode and make sure it's linear. At this time, don't worry about idle up.

Check your pitch curve while you are there and set it to 45 47.5 50 75 100 for normal. Set it linear for idle up and hold.

Now, with the Tx off and the heli unplugged, turn on your Tx and raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the heli and wait for the first initialization beeps. When you hear them, lower the throttle all the way down. This will reset the endpoints in the ESC.

That should clear up the issue. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Derek

Super WOW! Hey Tony, I couldn't have explained it any better (no surprise there, lol). After reading his original post, I was thinking the same thing. Hmmmm, that's probably because your above advice is probably the same thing that you told me just a few short months ago, lol.

Tony

Staff member
It's a common issue with the cheaper ESC's. Plus you should always do the ESC reset for safety. Some people will tell you to lower your trim tab all the way, but that only hides the issue, it doesn't resolve it.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know about the new design, but the original one that I had was pure crap. IMO, the Align heli's are a million times better than dynam. Not only in quality of the kit, but the quality of the electronics. You will have far better success with the Align 450 Sport V2 which is a belt drive with a flybar so setup is much easier than the Pro V2.

With that said though, if you want to keep the Razor, we will help you out in any way we can. I will say this, replace the servos, ESC and gyro first thing. By the time you do that however, you are over half way to a Sport V2 Super Combo. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news bro. I started in the exact same situation.

Manard

Yea right o haha I have the original 1 like in your video I crashed it and ended up buying new align servos ds415m and a ds520 for the tail and resetting the esc fixed the problem with the idle up so thanks for the help there

Tony

Staff member
If you get a GP790 gyro, you will have one solid heli right there. Then, all you have to do to go to Align is just buy the kit. the basic kits are surprisingly cheap for the quality. All of the money is in the electronics. In fact, in teh articles section, I add it all up and show that if you get a super combo, you are getting the kit for free.

Check it out if you have not read it yet.

http://www.rc-help.com/content.php/308-Why-Name-Brand-Over-A-Clone

Top Bottom