Hey Tony...finally getting back into things...

paullie

Yah it's me Paullie from that other site. I've been away from RC for a few months, but am diving back in and heard this was now the cool place to be. I'll be reading up on your forum here and I'll just ease into posting.

Later Bro!

Paullie

Tony

Staff member
DUDE, Welcome to the site bro. I saw some of your videos where you were hovering your helicopter. Some good flying, but I wish I had your luck with those landings lol.

Get this, I have been building the Telemaster all year, and it's still not done hahaha. I have everything covered, I just need to finish putting it together. I hope to see you around here more often. And I want to see some more of the kits that you have built. I saw the short video of the bipe that you did. that thing looks killer bro. Post them up on here, I know a lot of members that would love to see them.

Tony

Staff member
Paullie is the one that got me hooked onto the Telemaster. And yet, I still have not flown it lol.

paullie

Tony! Do you have some pics of your Telemaster somewhere? I'd really like to see it. I don't know if you have any large ponds nearby but sticking a set of floats on is a barrell of fun!

Sam, as far as my heli I have a CopterX 450se that has about 15 min of flight on it. check out my YouTube channel for flight vids. the last vid I had a really hard landing straight on the skids that bent them both beyond repair but no other damage.

I don't remember if I posted here or not but I finished a little biplane kit I'd been working on since January. I maidened it a week or so ago but cut the sound out of the video cause some dude was talking in my ear the whole time and I was having trouble with the fact that the plane wanted to make all left turns. I could only get it to fly straight by applying full right rudder. I did some checking over at RCG and they suggested that I add more right thrust on the motor and try again as no control/wing surfaces seemed warped. I've added links here to both the build vid and the unlisted maiden vid.

Enjoy! and thanks for all the "hellos" from you guys!

Happy Flying!

Paullie

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
There are some pics, and I was just saying to the wife yesterday that I need to finish it. My club that I fly at does go to the VA center about once a month and we fly off the water, so I may try that. I'm still a little worried about the whole 3ch deal as I have never flown it. I'm a bank & yank guy lol.

For the build (very long build) and pics, visit this thread Telemaster Build

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if it's my internet or the video, but I can't get that maiden to play. Go figure lmao. I will watch it later.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, 3 posts in a row hahaha. Yeah, I'm good.

Paullie, how did you mount the wing on your Telemaster? Did you have a way to center it onto the fuse? If you can get me some pics of the under side of the wing, and the fuse opening, I would appriciate it. Also, can you get me some pics of the inside of the fuse and where you have everything located? I have my servo tray in there, but I'm just not sure about anything else.

paullie

I don't know if it's my internet or the video, but I can't get that maiden to play. Go figure lmao. I will watch it later.

Heh. That was probably me. I was just editing the description and trying out the YouTube "Stabilize" function. I didn't like it so I left it shaky as it was filmed. You should be able to watch now. I also made it public so I can post it over on RCG and let those guys tell me what I did wrong ;)

paullie

Wow, 3 posts in a row hahaha. Yeah, I'm good.

Paullie, how did you mount the wing on your Telemaster? Did you have a way to center it onto the fuse? If you can get me some pics of the under side of the wing, and the fuse opening, I would appriciate it. Also, can you get me some pics of the inside of the fuse and where you have everything located? I have my servo tray in there, but I'm just not sure about anything else.

Tony, On the wing attachment, I went away from the plans and did it the way I'd seen others attach high wing trainers without using rubber bands. I have a build thread for the Telemaster on youtube BUT you can peruse the individual pics on my site here: http://www.paullie.com/gallery/Mini-Telemaster-Build If you don't see everything you need there, let me know and I'll take whatever pics you need to help you along. Electronic placement....yah, this is where it wish I would have built a battery hatch or something but as this was my first build in 30 years I stuck as close to the plans as possible and just kinda stuck everything in there wherever it would go. I have the battery just velcro'd in and a line drawn on the inside of the fuse where the battery needs to be to get COG right. Not very scientific but hey, it worked! I will get a pic of that mess and put it up here for you.

I posted some pics of the planes in my fleet so far in my photo's section.

Tony

Staff member
I forgot all about your website, duh lmao. I will check that out and see what I can find. I do agree with you that there should be a door on it somewhere for the battery. Ah well, it's never too late to bust out the saw lol.

paullie

There are some pics, and I was just saying to the wife yesterday that I need to finish it. My club that I fly at does go to the VA center about once a month and we fly off the water, so I may try that. I'm still a little worried about the whole 3ch deal as I have never flown it. I'm a bank & yank guy lol.

For the build (very long build) and pics, visit this thread Telemaster Build

Don't worry too much about the three channel. Remember, my first plane was the Sports Trainer with ailerons. :) you just have to remember to give it a bit of up elevator along with your rudder input to make a nice banked turn. Get her up there "3 mistakes high" and have fun! Landing is a bit of fun the first time, the Tele has so much lift it's like a kite, you kinda have to fly it into the ground. If you just cut power and try to drift it in, it'll glide forever.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, just holding the wing in my hand I can tell that it catches a lot of air. Should be interesting though. I think I'm going to use your idea to mount the wing. I like that a lot better than the rubber bands and no way to center the wing. I have run the pushrods on the fuse, but I'm not sure that I like them. I may end up taking them out, and doing something different with it. Not sure yet. Maybe tomorrow I will set it back on the table and get the tail feathers epoxy'd on, and try and get some kind of idea of what motor/ESC combo that I want to run.

I have been playing with 3D planes, and Im' sure that I'm going to do someting to this plane that it doesn't like lmao. Oh well, that is what CA is for.

paullie

Hey Tony,

I got the Telemaster out and took some pics that may help you. Keep in mind that this bird has had 3 major crashes and repairs so things don't look "fresh off the build table" anymore.

I'll give a brief description of each:

(This is like pulling down your pants in public, I'm showing you stuff that normally wouldn't be seen)

Here's a pic of the bottom of the wing. I had built a standoff with the dowel and mounted it at the wing joint using fiberglass mat and epoxy. The second major crash broke the dowel and it had to be replaced. Yes, that is scotch tape holding the covering in place. Hey! It's on the bottom of the wing where nobody is supposed to see it. :)

wingdowel.sized.jpg

This one shows where I drilled the dowel hole in the fuse. I had mounted the dowel on the wing first and put some chalk on the end of the dowel and kinda slid the wing on the fuse until the dowel hit the fuse and left a chalk mark where I drilled the hole. Not super scientific but it seemed to have worked! (Here's another crash spot, the bottom of the hole and some balsa splintered out, I thought about replacing it but since the tightening force all goes the other way I didn't deem it necessary)

dowel_hole.sized.jpg

Here's the belly. As I said before, you can see where I've just kinda stuck everything where I could reach it. Not shown is the standoff I made so the battery mount would clear the mounting wire for the floats. You can see more crash damage and repair.

electronics_mess.sized.jpg

Finally, I bought the kit directly from the mfg Aerocraft RC and bought the suggested power kit with it. Here's what they sent me. I'm sure you can cross reference that and get something close. Note that I am running a slightly larger prop to account for the floats. Normally with landing gear I was running a 7 x 5 but always felt it could be bigger. 2200 MAH 2S 25c lipo for good 10 minutes of easy cruising around flights.

brushless.sized.jpg

I've had a good half dozen flights since the last crash repair and everything still is holding up well even after some hard landings on the floats...

wingdowel.sized.jpg

dowel_hole.sized.jpg

electronics_mess.sized.jpg

brushless.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for all of that. I will be able to use those and get mine done. Ugh, 4 planes to finish and no money hahaha. I love this hobby.

Top Bottom