Hey from Nm

It's Rob here from New mexico.

I love to learn to fly Helis. I have a MCX2, MCPX V2, and my stock Blade 400. I got turned on to this site by visiting Tony's YouTube channel. I'm looking to get a 450 pro metal/CF bird to contunue my training or upgrade the Blade. Everytime I fly a simply landing or lite hit takes out something.....My wifes not happy with my addiction....Lol.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the sickness. If you fly the mcpx over grass, it shouldn't break every time you hit the ground, at least mine doesn't lol.

Lee

Welcome dude. My 450 spooled up full speed on the dining room table. My wife dove for cover. :D I needed to change my shorts after that one LOL

Thanks Lee and Tony. I hover the mcpx pretty good preparing for the 400. Yeah its a tough little bird. My last vid I bumped the idle up accidently and she crashed and burned with the feathering shaft. My 400 needs a main shaft. Can we staighten those back up?
Great site, vids and forum.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can straighten them back up, but you will need a lathe (to spin it) and a rollout gauge. It will take about an hour to get it perfectly straight, adn in all honesty, for a $5 shaft, I would just replace it hahaha. But, I have been known to straighten one back out and keep as an emergency backup before. But, that is a last resort and I only did it so I could keep shooting video lmao. I would just order 4 at a time, and when you get down to two, order four more.

Lee

I would def not straighten it. As Tony said they are 2 a penny and not worth the risk. These things can do serious damage if something comes loose. I tried to straighten one once and two flights later the blades exploded across the field. Feather shaft failure was the culprit.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I forgot to add that. These shafts are hardened and by rebending them, you weaken the metal and they can do just what Lee stated, explode. Just ask Paulster2 how it feels to almost get hit in the junk with part of a blade lmao

murankar

Staff member
I had two screws loosen on me and it went POP. It was loud, then I felt the air gust by my leg. Use a good quality thread locker also.

Top Bottom