Videos Hero3 black editeion

WyDiablo

I guess you guys that have the HD3 Black know by now that you can connect your smartphone to the camera and control it that way. I just got mine connected a few minutes ago and I think its kinda neat really.

Lee

Been playing with my friends one for the last few days. Its pretty cool, but the lag is about 3 seconds for the video.

Lee

Yep, its no good for FPV using an ipad or something. You will have crashed 3 seconds before you knew it :D

Karubah

Using the wifi on this camera uses up batteries faster than a kid can eat lollies. I only use it to make sure you have what you want in the frame and then switch off the wifi. Just make sure you upgrade the firmware Service pac 2. It will take out the issues of gaps in your video, the video keeps jumping about every 10 to 20 secs like it has the hicups..

WyDiablo

Yea, I downloaded the lasted hero3 black firmware update from the website for the second time. I could not get the phone to connect on the first update and I was informed that it could need to update to second time to get things going. Now my phone and camera work together. I really hate that the hero3 has a lag for fpv use and now I'm glad that I purchased the 66TVL camera and the help you guys gave me in the setup part. So now I have no choice but to use the other camera for fpv. Oh well I guess I can't have everything. Still waiting on the chance for my 3rd fpv flight with the 600 HAD camera. I have been pinned down with the wife after her surgery and not being able to get out is a big bummer. But she is getting better day by day (Big smiles)

Lee

It doesn't have lag if being used as an FPV camera. It has lag when being used with a smart phone to see video. So you couldn't do fpv using your Ipad or similar, but you can use it when hooked up to a Proper FPV system.

WyDiablo

Cool I was thinking that it also had a lag as fpv. Thanks for that info because I have not done any fpv with the new hero3 as of today.

Tasajara

And don't forget that WiFi can kill your radio signal and you want be able to fly far even if the lag was not so bad.
A friend thought he would fly and send a live feed to his phone. Bad mistake he ended up crashing when his signal was lost.
I was asking what happened, he told me he was using WiFi.... I told him that was the wrong thing to do with his 2.4 radio,
because the built-in Wi-Fi frequency is 2.4 GHz on the GoPro 3

WyDiablo

I don't even wanna us my cell phone for video watching I did sitting in the house with just the camera and phone and it was way too much lag. But it did look really cool to watch on the phone.

Karubah

One thing I have noticed is that recording with the H3 black that the lower resolution 750x 50fpm gives a more stable video ie reduces the jello . I have not used mine for FPV as yet ,still ironing out the vibes.

Lee

The higher the frame rate, the less jello you get. With my hero2 on 1080 at 30fps I get a little jello, but at 720 and 60fps its steady as a rock.

Karubah

There must be some difference between the 2 and the 3. I have tried all different conffigerations on the H 3 and found the lower frame rate better on 720, going on 1080 the jello was pretty bad. I wonder if it has something to do with the vibrations resonating in sync the camera.

WyDiablo

Yes my hero2 had no jelly at all but I have not really looked close at the hero3 black. I hope its as good as the hero2

BOKI

WyDiablo; I have a Go Pro Black but the weather has been so bad I haven't really used it much yet ! Just trying to take different shots to see the results experimenting with it ! Haven't connected it to my Smart Phone yet ! Good luck with your camera !

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Yea, been having trouble with different things on my hexa FPV copter and trying to chase things down and correct them. First was the esc' over heating with 11"x5 props on (1) 3S 5000 battery. Then the bearings were shot in one motor and I had some bad connections on the battery wires. Then after adding another battery to run 3S 5000 the over heating stopped. And just yesterday I was testing flying the copter and it wanted to dip to the left real fast and spun a props into the dirt. I might have to redo the bullet connections for that motor again. Oh well too dang hot to really get out and fly here anyways. I"m about to dump my hexa for a carbon core quad and mover everything over to something lighter in weight.

Top Bottom