General help!!!

wolfman76

it looks like you are missing some parts on that bad side maybe a spacer or sumthin between the head and blade grip what kind of heli is it???? but my guess is that you are missing some very important spacing parts in that side of the blade grip assembly... maybe take it apart and keep the part from each side seperate and in the order that they come apart and if you have the manual for the heli look at the parts blow up sheet of instruction and double check everything in the picture is laying in the order they are suppose to be... as far as loctide never use anything more then medium or blue loctite and only on the screw that goes into the feathering shaft maybe after you get it apart and take a photo of all the parts and post it up we can help you out as to wether or not anything is missing or out of order...

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure everything is in there correctly? It looks like there are things missing. That slop should not be there and I would not fly it like that. Below is the picture of the parts schematic showing all of the parts.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

wolfman76

almost looks like a blade 400 am i right if it is i have the manual for it i have a blade 400... lol and i definitely agree with tony do not fly it like that from the video i might be mistaken but it looked like the brass spacer that goes between the head and grip was definitely missing but might be other part also correct me if i am wrong tony... sorry did'nt see title of video it is blade 450 well hey i was right it is a blade though

Last edited:

Derek

Yeah...I would definitely NOT attempt to fly it this way. What you need to do is take it all apart and follow the illustration that Tony provided, above. Double check that you have all the correct spacers/washers and bearings in place. You are definitely missing something.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well if you havent touched it or took it apart, then maybe the screw are coming undone...Yes! you can use loctite.

concept30

its a Blade 450 I watched the video of the guy who invited the Blade 450 from Blade and I followed the video of putting on the blade grip together, i guess i didnt follow it close enough, i get a picture posted soon!

wolfman76

Here is best i can help this is from a blade 400

ForumRunner_20130707_222307.png

020 is a step washer which is part of which it looked was missing... Here is the numbers and what they are in the picture to give you idea what each is..

ForumRunner_20130707_222527.png

Hope this helps a little bit more..

ForumRunner_20130707_222307.png

ForumRunner_20130707_222527.png

Tony

Staff member
Kyle, why are you posting blade 400 specs? Your going to confuse him. His video title is Blade 450 3D. It's like the 250 to the 500, they are mostly the same, but there are differences.

wolfman76

Not trying to confuse him sorry just trying to give him a general idea of what to see is in the blade grip assembly mainly as far as the name of the parts in it.. Should have stated that when i posted it my bad.. Sorry if there was a confusion..

xokia

i have the book on the 450 3d but it doesnt tell me that size the washers are, i hope i can figure it out

This may be a dumb question but is the dampener missing? That is a lot of slop seems to me you are missing something major not just a washer.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Check the length of your feather shaft. I mean if all parts are there and you even added two washers. the only thing i can think off is the shaft or head block is wrong size.<-----lol.. is that what you call it. JK i ment rotor head

Last edited:

pvolcko

Dampner would be in the hub and not really contribute to that kind of slop. Seems more like a radial bearing is missing from inside the grip. Something letting the whole blade grip slide out too far. More than washers. That amount of movement looks more like a missing radial bearing. And it the missing part may be on the other "good" side. The dampers will be pretty tight on the feathering shaft so if you have that side drawn down tight and it is missing a piece or two, that can make the side with the apparent play look bad when in fact it is the other blade grip with the issue.

I'd suggest taking the blade grips off both sides, take the pieces out carefully (small pieces love to fall out and you don't even notice them or have a hard time finding them) and lay them out in the order and position that you remove them and take a pic so we can see what's there and what's not.

Should be something like:

screw, small washer, thrust bearing (three pieces), radial bearing, blade grip, spacer, radial bearing, washer, damper and then the same pieces in the opposite order for the other grip, in the middle the feathering shaft. You may only be able to get one of the retaining screws out. That's fine, do not try to grip the feathering shaft with pliers or something in order to get the other screw out. Just leave it in and note it. Don't want to mar the feathering shaft with plier marks, or worse bend it or deform it.

Lee

Have you flown it before?
Was it like that from the time you got it?
Was it brand new?
Once we have these answers, it will help to analyse the problem. But something is definitely a miss :)

concept30

Yes i bought it brand new from Horizon hobby, i didnt look at it close when i bought it, i just now put in alot of washers on the feather shaft, the blade grips aren't loose on the feather shaft.

Lee

So it was ready to fly when you bought it? Thats very strange to have that play from new. Have you checked the diagram Tony posted to make sure you have all the correct bearings in the correct order?

Top Bottom