500 HELP!!

So ive been flying my hk500gt for about 6 months or so, flys great never crashed. I bit the bullet and bought rc aerodyne's ah-6 little bird for it. Install was very straight forward, took a few hours. I will def post some pics if i can get this problem worked out. Onto the porb at hand, got it installed went to maiden and hardly any lift at all, i mean at 3/4 stick it was maybe 1 ft off the ground! Lipo was perfectly charged 3000mah 22.2v 35c, Hk motor 1600kv 12t, hobbywing 60a esc mid timing. Pitch settings 0,6+,12+, throttle settings 0,45,75,75,75. I just cant figure it out, it flew fine before hand. im wondering if the motor is going bad, cause pitch is DEAD on and the esc is cool after trying to get it to hover.Like I say the heli was flying great one hour before I installed it in the fuselage. Battery all cells look great and are bal perfect. Esc is less than 2 months old

Ok figure this out. Took it out of the fuselage pitch still good, battery charged. Still no lift? What the crap! I'm about to lose my mind! It's like once you get past half stick the motor starts to bog or lose power.

Tony

Staff member
The motor is boggin after half stick.

Need more explanation on that one? lol, okay. With the way you have your throttle curve, it's flat from half to full stick. I would put it more 0, 45, 65, 85, 100. Or what I run, which is linear, 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. That way, the more you move the stick, the more pitch you will have, and the more power going to the motor.

I want to see some video of this bad boy.

i think the motor is fixing to go, hence why this thing wont get off the ground lol. Could be the battery as well. replacing the motor then the battery. tried what you said as well tony still no luck!

Tony

Staff member
Get me a video of the heli, and the sticks if you can. May need to adjust the pitch settings for the added weight. Another thing you can try is this throttle setting 0, 50, 100, 100, 100. You will be at max throttle during the whole flight. Remember that the heli is now heavier, so it's going to take more power to get it in the air.

and I"m not sure what your pitch settings are. You said 0, 6, 12, but is that low, mid, high, or mid, 3/4, high? Can you give me your settings in yoru Tx?

Tony

Staff member
haha, I cna't give up on mine either. I have thought about just trashing the 500 I have and starting fresh, and I can't do it.

I'm wondering if you are just feeling the effects of the extra weight. I would give it some time. If anything, set the throttle settings so there is a curve, and give it more pitch at mid stick but leave full stick alone. I'm sure there is a learning curve with somethign like this.

Tony

Staff member
Those look sweet man. Only thing missing is the flat black on the brips and head. Can't wait to see these in the air bro.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
did the problem with the bogging motor get fixed? I had a similar problem with mine a couple weeks ago. I actually had a crash because of that. at first i used to loose power while spooling up, just past half stick, the motor used to bog. I put another battery in, still the same, but what i did was just let it run on the bogging motor if does, and then it would just power itself up ans start. I dont know where the problem was, i have a post in the 450's on that.. but... All everyone told me was to check the connections to the esc and the motor. I dont have that happening anymore, not to say i have not touched that since last 2 weeks now.. or more... but hope u find a fix, and let us know! :)

also one thing i forgot to mention. The LHS dude said to have it go a little higher than 25 .. may be like 45 like u already have, and as tony said, on the higher stick go like up to 100... or so.. Then see if it helps at all. I hope u can get those sweet lookin machines in the air man!

Last edited:
yea gaba i have tried all throttle curves i even ran 100% across all points just to see. i have a new motor that is supposed to be here thurs. so hopefully that will work!

oh and the 450 i have had that fuselage for quite sometime now, but it was the army green that align made. Well got the 500 ah-6 and said brad that 450 would look a whole lot better in flat black just like its big brother lol. the 450 flies like a dream in the fuselage!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
if that fixes it i will have consider changing my motor too then... lol.. but i'll wait for my heli to act up again. I am pretty sure i am giving it a full hover before i take it to any forward flying.

Well new motor installed still no change!!!! Full battery no fuselage, linear TC. I have 6+ at midstick and 12+ at full stick. It def has the headspeed but it won't come off the ground for nothing. 2 weeks ago it was at a hover at midstick! I just don't understand.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing that I can think of is the servos are not strong enough to push the swash up. But, it would be very rare for it to do it on all 3 at the same time. I'm at a loss on this one without actually having it in front of me to watch. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Ghostflyer1

When dealing with a problem like this go back to the basic airframe. Sometimes its worth just taking the whole thing apart and rebuilding. Radio programing and all just start clean...... Sooner or later the problem will make itself visiable.

Top Bottom