Cars help

welder444333

So im getting back into rc, i just got hpi flex brushless esc and controller, i cant link my controller, it worked before i set lipo cut off. anyway i went on everywhere i could find cant get it done. hpi said if it doesnt have steering its the reciever but sent it to them and they will replace it as long as the ebay seller was an approved seller. If he is i will clearly do this my problem is i doubt he is, also hpi sells a programing card for like 60 bucks, im tempted to buy it and try my luck. I could however just buy a new esc, or maybe a new reciever. the reciever works with my old brushed esc and the new esc work for a test before i set lipo cut off and soldered battery connectors. What would you guys do in this situation?

Tony

Staff member
Are you bound to the Rx from your Tx? Also, have you redone the endpoint adjustments on the throttle? If not, try dropping your throttle trim all the way down. But you really should do the calibration. I'm not sure how to do this in your ESC, but it will be in the manual. ,

welder444333

Are you bound to the Rx from your Tx? Also, have you redone the endpoint adjustments on the throttle? If not, try dropping your throttle trim all the way down. But you really should do the calibration. I'm not sure how to do this in your ESC, but it will be in the manual. ,

i assume that that means radio and transmitter if so no i cant. i can with my old esc but not with my new one. i will try dropping my trim thx, but manual says set throttle etc but i cant even link to trasmitter w this esc,i have stock traxxas 2.4 i cant just read a manual and figure it out so what should i do, spend 60$ on new esc or tx or programing card in your opinion? i think the traxxas vxl might sync easy buy not sure if i can just solder connectors from hpi flux 10 t 4000 and it will all work or if my rookie a.. wont be able to set the darn thing or what. The program card looks like it will be a simple setup but it might be a diff prob. So i figure id get 2 cents from the vets.

Tony

Staff member
The ESC and the Rx are separate items. You need the Rx to connect to the Tx, then you connect the Rx to the ESC by plugging the ESC into the throttle port. I hope I'm understanding this all correctly. Maybe posting a picture of your setup or even better yet, a video of the issues you are having will help.

Top Bottom