450 Help!!

taaron777

I was hovering my hk450 fine yesterday. I set it down to play with expo trying to find a good feel. Once I got the expo set, I spooled up for another hover. This time before I even got to mid stick, the heli launches in the air with the nose pointing upward and lands on its head! I changed the main and feathering shafts out and tried again. This time it tried to do the same but to the left. I check my settings in the controller and noticed expo was on for the pitch curve. Haven't tried hovering again yet, but could the expo have been the problem. I'm lost because it was fine as wine at first. What happened between landing, changing the expo then taking off again? I'm baffled.

EyeStation

I don't believe you can change the Expo on the pitch. Could you have been in the subtrim menu?
What TX and FBL unit are you using?

taaron777

I have a fb heli with the devo 7. You can turn expo on or off for the pitch curve on the devo. It's acting like the swash isn't remaining level at mid stick. It was flying and hovering fine then bam. Started acting a fool with me!

Slobberdog

I know you said you change shafts but have you made sure all links are straight and your flybar too including the paddles lining up and at correct centre either side of the shaft

taaron777

At work now, but about to stop by home and grab the heli. Gonna work on it while at work. I'll let you know the outcome. If it's still doing the same, I'll post a video of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure wish one of you guys was my neighbor, lol

taaron777

Quick full negative on collectivequestion. I know how to set the head up, but witch mode should I do it in. I leveled everything in idle up. I notice that when in normal mode at mid stick, everything is out of wack. In idle up at mid stick everything is level. In normal, it doesn't get level until collective is all the way down.

Derek

Quick full negative on collectivequestion. I know how to set the head up, but witch mode should I do it in. I leveled everything in idle up. I notice that when in normal mode at mid stick, everything is out of wack. In idle up at mid stick everything is level. In normal, it doesn't get level until collective is all the way down.

When you are setting up the collective, you should be using a linear pitch curve - 0,25,50,75,100. Set it for 0 degrees of pitch at midstick and then your -/+ 10 to 12 degrees high stick and low stick. I think I have 10.5 -/+ on my 450.

wolfman76

At work now, but about to stop by home and grab the heli. Gonna work on it while at work. I'll let you know the outcome. If it's still doing the same, I'll post a video of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure wish one of you guys was my neighbor, lol
we do have a member from atl ga cm1001 i think is his name

EyeStation

Yes, but when doing all this , should I be in idle up or normal?
Usually Idle up is set up for the linear curve that Derek mentions.
You say it goes out of whack in Normal mode, that may be because your pitch curve in Normal might not be set to the linear curve of the entire 0-100%.

taaron777

I found that I needed to be in idle up to setup the head properly. Now I need to know what my pitch settings should be when setting up. Not talking about flying, just the initial setup. I find that even when in idle up if I use a linear pitch curve- 0 25 50 75 100. I get no negative pitch. If I use -100 to +100, I get full range in both directions. My radio has a 7 point pitch curve. It goes L-1-2-M-3-4-H. How should I set this up when doing the mechanical setup of my head. Once again, not talking about flying, talking about mechanical setup of the head. I know to use 40-45 etc. When I'm ready to fly again.

- - - Updated - - -

My radio's default idle up settings are low-100 Medium 0 and High+100. Should I set the head up using these?

murankar

Staff member
Any head setup is done in Idle Up 1 or 2 your choice.

Your throttle can be set to 0 0 0 0 0 so that it doesn't spool up and your pitch curve has to set to 0 25 50 75 100 or if you use the negative scale then -100 -50 0 50 100.

taaron777

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. My tx will only allow you to use the negative scale. I tried the other way and it just wouldn't work out. I'm using the devo 7. Guess it's a little different from the rest. If I use the pitch curve 0 25 50 75 100, I get no negative pitch whatsoever.

murankar

Staff member
Well the FlySky TH9X stock firmware uses positive numbers only and er9X (which is what I use for firmware) uses a negative scale more like Futaba. Its tough to get used to especially when you go to do normal mode pitch curve. Your going to what to have something like -30 -15 0 50 100 or -30 -15 0 60 60 60. These numbers are not a set thing you will need to find what works for your setup and pitch range.

taaron777

Yea, not knowing about that negative scale had me setup all wrong. I tried to lift the thing with all positive numbers and it came up and chased me and my son halfway across the front yard, lol. My son is 19 but I see that I am still the faster of us lmao! I'm going to start out with normal mode -30 0 100, and -100 0 +100 for idle 1. I'll let you know what happens.

murankar

Staff member
The 2 examples I gave should be good for normal mode. Actually it just dawned on me the second set of numbers are not good for pitch.

For pitch I would try this:

Normal -30 -15 0 50 100
IU 1&2 -100 -50 0 50 100

For throttle
Normal -100 -50 0 70 70 70
IU1&2 70 70 70 70 70 / 80 80 80 80 80
Or
70 70 60 70 70 / 80 80 70 80 80

+50 on a negative scale is almost like 75 on a positive scale.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom