600 Help with setting up TrexE 550DFC, IKON2BT, Talon 90, DX6 radio.

Jake Birkel

I can get it to bind and most settings, but no idle up 1 and 2. No changing of bank angles. As a newbie I have the pitch set to -4 and +12.

Smoggie

Hi Jake, welcome to RC-Help.

Wou are going to have to give a lot more detail about the exact nature of the problems. Have you gone through the full IKon setup process with the PC software? .. Did that all go as expected?

As for the specific two problems you raised...
  • By 'no idle up 1 and 2'... do you mean you dont have these options available in the Tx, or do you mean that they are available in the Tx but the heli doesnt do what you expect when you select them (if so what is it doing and what curves have you set).???
  • I'm not sure what you mean by 'bank angles'... Blade pitch angle maybe, or bank switching in the FBL?

Sorry if this doesnt seem very helpful but it's the best i can do.

Jake Birkel

I have gone thru the IKon setup and have it set to beginner. I have the idle up one and two set to switch B. Throttle curves are all are gov N, 0-30-30=30-30. 1, 30-30-30-30. 2, 100-100-100-100. And I was asking about bank switching in the FBL. It is assigned to switch G. I have flown 5 battery packs thru it in hover only. Maybe I am watching too many videos in Youtube on setting up DX6. I am just trying to learn. After some more stick time I may understand it a little better. Thanks for your help.

Tony

Staff member
With the DX6, you will not be able to change the banks in the Ikon. It used Aux2, or channel 7, to make this happen. You will need to select your presets in the software before flying. You can get rid of your tail gain and use channel 5 to adjust the banks, but then you would have to adjust your gain in the software rather than on the Tx. I have never set this up though so not sure off the top of my head what all is involved.

Tony

Staff member
I have the Dx9 and I love it. Have not found anything that I can't do yet. It will be a great investment if you did go with a DX9, that's for sure.

Smoggie

I have gone thru the IKon setup and have it set to beginner. I have the idle up one and two set to switch B. Throttle curves are all are gov N, 0-30-30=30-30. 1, 30-30-30-30. 2, 100-100-100-100.

Thanks for the clarification, as Tony says, you are running short on channels but once you figure where the gains need to be tehre isnt any need to have gain adjustment from the Tx so you can use the gear channel for bank switching.

As for the throttle curves. if using the castle governor you should have the curves in your 3 flight modes set to:
  • Flight mode 1 = 30%
  • Flight mode 2 = 70%
  • Flight mode 3 = 100%
All 'curves' are flat line. To get all the flight modes RPM's to activate properly it's essential that you go through the 'fixed endpoints' setup routine. If you google 'castle creations fixed endpoint' you will find a few videos on the process.

ChopDrifter

if you plan on getting a new TX, get the DX9.

For hovering and basic stuff, you don't need bank switching as the gain is adjusted in the software. Best to have the gain adjusted in the TX.

Tony

Staff member
Yes it would. Just be sure to get the G2 and not the G1 edition. G2 has the same firmware as the DX9 and is fantastic.

Jake Birkel

After setting up -100 to +100 in throws for pitch in Ikon software, Where do you bring it down to -4 to +10. In the Tx or Ikon software?

Tony

Staff member
In your Pitch menu on your Tx, just set your pitch curve to 46 48 50 75 100 and that will limit the amount of negative pitch you have.

Top Bottom