General help with 450 pro v2 tx and rx

daine042

hi there i have recently purchased my first 6ch heli and i was in need of help with plugging servos into the receiver, i have the frsky v8fr2 rx and turnigy 9x tx i cant seem to figure out what servos go in which slot of the rx, or what settings to program into my tx to get everything working properly, at the moment when i apply throttle the pitch does not change and when i flick the throttle hold switch the servo at the rear of the heli turns off but the throttle is still operable what am i doing wrong?!!!!! i have only ever had cheap pre built helicopters with no more than 3 channels this 6 channel one has really got me stumped been trying to figure it out for 2 weeks now with no luck

Tony

Staff member
What helicopter did you purchase? I will try to answer this with a generic setup that I use on my spektrum/align heli's.

right servo goes into the aileron port
left servo goes into the aux1 port
rear/front servo (the one in the center) goes into the elevator port
gyro 3 wire goes into rudder port, single wire goes into gear port (or whatever setting you have to change gyro settings).

Teh rudder servo will go into the gyro plug.

As for settings on the Tx, I have no idea on that Tx. But is sounds like you dont have it setup for ccpm mixing.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
One thing I can think of here is that either the channel on your rx are swapped or the mixing in the radio is wrong.

Uri here is very familiar with that brand radios. He has a frsky 9channel radio.

Off the top of my head.. The servo that turns off on throttle hold... Connect your esc there instead of that servo. That makes sense that the esc will need that channel.

Rest .. I am a spektrum guy but there are people here who know they can help :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
Its the same as a dx6i. Tony nailed it. Gyro goes in port 4 and the signal wire goes in port 5. ESC goes into port 3. Tony has the servos already listed.

Let us know if you need setup numbers.

Last edited:

daine042

i run the same rx in one of my planes and the ail are in port 1 esc port 2 ele port 3 and rud port 4 and it works do i need to go into the stick set menu on the tx and change it to mode2 its a mode 2 tx but from factory the stick set was set to mode 1 could that be my issue?

murankar

Staff member
I'll be honest I am not hip on the mode 1 stuff. Your setup that you listed is not a mode 2 setup. If you fly a plane then maybe, but for helis no. I have ran both the fly sky 6 channel and 8 channel rxs. Both are set up the same for helis. I am planning on using the 6 channel for this next build.

Top Bottom