FBL Gyro help with 3GX mRS setup

jester56

I am needing help with the set up on my t-rex 500. I had a mini v-bar on it and a DX7 radio. unfortunately the tranny has failed and I cannot get the program to work on my computer to set up my new DX18 to the v-bar. So I purchased a 3GX mSR as it said it was simple to set up. I have bound it to the radio and have the pitch and the rudder working but when I move the aileron or elevator a small amount the servo will move a small amount and then slowly move to full travel. Is there anyone out there who is able to help me

Tony

Staff member
That is normal operation for the 3GX to move the swash like that. Basically, you gave the gyro a command, but the heli didn't move. So it's going to add more and more cyclic until either the heli moves or it maxes out the travel.

Unfortunately I have never setup the mRS, so other than that, I'm not sure. But I do know the swash tilting is normal. As long as when you release the sticks, it returns to level. It will be a slow return with a delay, but it should return.

jester56

ok thank you for the reply . I will try it out and see what it does . it just seemed a little strange as my v-bar's didn't behave in this way. if I could work out how to upgrade my firmware for my v-bar's I wouldn't need the 3GX

Top Bottom