450 Help...unbound Trex 450 PRO V2 !!

Bruno

I mistakenly deleted my Trex 450 Pro V2 settings from my DX6i.
Can I simply re-bind the connected AR6210 Rx with the servos connected (the receiver is difficult to access)?
Does that mean I well have to reprogram the 3GX gyro.
I know I will have to re-set the subtrim and pitch.
:disgust:
Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can create a new model and just rebind the heli. I would go through the whole setup though if it were me. If you don't, it's easy to over look something.

Bruno

I successfully re-set the TX, bound the receiver, re-programmed the subtrims, pitch, roll and reprogrammed all the 3GX settings.
Question: 3GX delay for a 450 should have a red status light with a tap of the rudder to designate 0 delay, correct?
Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, in the delay menu, you should have a red status light for the 450. Make sure if you are using a good tail servo, to set no delay. You do this by ONLY moving the stick as far as needed to change the color of the light.

Bruno

LOL!! I did the same on my DX8 the other day!! Luckily, I had a record of all my settings.

Smart move keeping records. However, it had to be rebound , pitch/Aileron set and I went through the entire 3GX settings . Radio setings would at least have helped with gyro subtrim and pitch/Ail/Elev settings.

It was weird....I have 6 helis with 4 on the dx6i and a sim. I sold my STORM 450 which had its own Tx and I deleted the DX6i setting with model name 450 which I thought was the STORM....STUPID!! I have two TREX 450s and failed to realize I was deleting one of them.

I am all re-set and I have been more careful with my model names on one radio.

Just took the 450 pro out for a test..all is good.

Gonna tune up the gyro to its max once the wind conditions deminish.

I have yet to experiment with any of the 3GX servo/gyro settings. Not that I am any bit of an aggressive flyer although that's my fantacy...lol...

She flies good. gonna leave well enough alone for now.

Last edited:

Bruno

Yes, in the delay menu, you should have a red status light for the 450. Make sure if you are using a good tail servo, to set no delay. You do this by ONLY moving the stick as far as needed to change the color of the light.

How does delay benefit a slower tail servo?

Tony

Staff member
It keeps the gyro from reacting quickly when the servo is lagging behind. If you think about it, the gyro will sense movement and try to give xº of pitch to the tail to correct it. With a slow servo, it will not correct very fast resulting in the gyro adding even more pitch to it. Then the servo finally moves, but it's too much and can't return to center quick enough, so the gyro corrects in the other direction. It's a horrible cycle that will result in the tail "hunting" for stability. Delay can help resolve this, but it's best to just put a good servo on the tail.

Bruno

FYI: Seems if you change the channel of your heli on the DX6i (e.g., copy and set settings to a different channel on the radio) you need to bind the TX/Rx to that channel.

I thought it would maintain the bind on the new channel. :rotf

Top Bottom