Trucks help please

kradio

I have a couple of nitro problems. I can't get my tmaxx 3.3 to start. It will smell like its trying to start but I get nothing. Then the ezy start stops working. I have to pull the glow plug and turn it over. What can it be?

Lillyryan

I would first try a new glow plug or check that your glow ignitor and throttle are working correctly. Sounds like it is hydraulicing on fuel.

kradio

I have the high speed needle 4 turns out the low speed needle is flush has a new glow plug and still not starting. I'm about to take it all apart and clean it and put it back together. If I can't get this thing running.

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure your glow plug is glowing? The blue wire going to it from the factory is known for breaking and having issues. Or are you using a standard glow igniter? And if so, are you sure it's completely charged?

Tony

Staff member
Hm, there are only 3 things an internal combustion engine needs to run. Fuel, Fire and Compression.

You never did say what glow igniter you are using. stock blue wire, or a standard glow driver?

Lillyryan

Have you replaced the fuel lines recently especially the clunk. You could try dripping a little nitro into the air inlet on the carb just to see if it will fire (only a few drops). If it fires you know it is not getting fuel. Then i would replace fuel lines ( clunk especially ) and try that. If that doesnt work you may want to strip carb and clean it with an air line. If nitros havent been run for a long time they have a habbit of gungeing up. Let us know how you get on.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Hey Ryan, aircraft are teh only things that use a clunk. On a nitro truck or car, it's bottom fed from the back since that is where the fuel is most of the time.

But that is a great point. You could have a pin hole in your line causing air to get in there. You could also have some junk clogging up your carb. Take the carb off and clean it out thoroughly. Meaning, remove the high and low needles, remove the barrel and completely clean it.

Lillyryan

Hey Ryan, aircraft are teh only things that use a clunk. On a nitro truck or car, it's bottom fed from the back since that is where the fuel is most of the time.

But that is a great point. You could have a pin hole in your line causing air to get in there. You could also have some junk clogging up your carb. Take the carb off and clean it out thoroughly. Meaning, remove the high and low needles, remove the barrel and completely clean it.

Yes don't know what I was thinking. Serves me right for getting on here before I'm awake lol. If he has glow it must be a fuel issue or compression. I would however probably set the mixture screws to 1.5-2 turns out after cleaning it and try that.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Tony

Staff member
Actually, from what I can find, 4 turns out on a 3.3 is the factory setting. He could close it down to 3.5 turns out and be safe, but I wouldn't go much past that. I'm thinking the carb is clogged if everything else is working. I like the idea that was stated, drop about 5 drops of fuel down the carb and see if it fires. If so, you know you have a clogged carb.

Top Bottom