General Help me please ! ( Newbie )

bl4derr1

Right guys, first off I must say I'm a newbie at the Heli's but not Rc's I've just finished building a HK Clone ( 450 ) without any problems, Servo's all in the right direction, spools up fine Etc. so not a Total blank on what i'm doing !

Now then I've got a Rex 450 running with 3gx, spectrum 6210 receiver with 2 X Satellites and a DX6i Transmitter ( First things first ) I do not have 3gx Dongle or programme !
What's happening is when I turn the heli on the Swash goes UP when the left hand stick is pushed up the Swash comes down ! and no spooling of the Rotor, the Servo's are also slow to re-centre ( Batteries all good ! ) and the Rudder doesn't centre when Heli moved sideways.
Could all this be due to the fact the 3gx is set up for a different Transmitter ???

treff

I suggest you have a look at Tony's videos on how to set up the 3gx they are very good. You must program the 3gx to your heli but
first you have to make sure that everything is level, swash etc. The videos will give you a great idea to what you will have to do. Cheers

Dirk

I agree with Treff. Tonys videos are really worth watching. Everything you want to know about the 3GX, Tonys the man.

It sounds like your pitch and your throttle just need reversing. The tail not centering is perfectly normal. Just mak sure that your tail compensation direction is correct. Have a look at Lee's video on that.

The servos returning slowly to center is also perfectly normal.

Tony

Staff member
Slow returning servos on teh cyclic (right stick) is normal. You gave the helicopter an input and it's waiting to move. But since it didn't, it will slowly return to center.

The tail, when you are in heading hold mode, will stay to one side when you give an input. Again, you gave the tail an input to move, adn it's going to hold that tail setting until the heli moves to the heading you told it to go to.

And I'm not sure if you were asking a question on it not spooling up. But if you were, make sure throttle hold is not engaged on the Tx.

bl4derr1

Thanks for the info Tony much appreciated ! I've just read on another forum that with the Rx/Tx and 3gx combo I have that the swash type should be 1 servo 90 is this correct ?

Tony

Staff member
If you are running the standard 3GX (not the mr or mrs), then you need to run 120º 3 servo swash in your Tx. Running a separate rx (6210 in your case), you are going to have to use the signal wires that come with the 3GX and your gyro will be on the Gear channel. This is the only way you can do it on the DX6i. Whatever you do, if you are using the chrome 3GX, you MUST use a 120º 3 servo swash.

bl4derr1

Thanks, had another go at it this afternoon and now I can spool up have Pit/Ail running the correct way ( Left/Left Right/Right ) but the ele is running in reverse and I can't seem to reverse it even on the Tx.

Tony

Staff member
Go into the Swash menu and take the ELE from +60 to -60, or whatever number it's set at.

bl4derr1

Spot on Tony, Thank you ! Got all directions correct now just need to get the rudder working now as there's no correction when moved from side to side. will go take a look at your Part 3 on the 3gx set up videos. Getting there Slowly ! Must just add this was a second hand Heli so i'm guessing who ever own it before me had it set up completely different !

Top Bottom