600 HELP! - I Ordered the Wrong Pinions Trex 600 ESP

Westy

LEGEND
Well .... I ordered 2 sets of 12tooth and 13 tooth Pinions

Part # H60168

and Part # H60169

the problem..... they all turned up and I went to put it in my ESP and the shaft size 6mm and the BL*&dy pinions are 5mm......

what the?

anyone know a good supplier and where I can get the correct Pinions?

Also I have a seized one way bearing..... so got to get one of them too :(

Westy

LEGEND
Man that just sucks! big time ..... and my one way bearing is SEIZED!!!!! could be the vibration

Westy

LEGEND
NO Good ..... the bottom 2 are the ones I ordered ... and they are 5mm shaft ..... I have a 6mm shaft

yes it could be my bog down issue...... not sure.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Do a search for "6mm 13t pinion" on ebay and I know you will come up with something. Just make sure it matches your pitch of your main gear.

Westy

LEGEND
cheers will do ....how do I know if it matches? ..... how do I know it has not been wrong all this time?

Tony

Staff member
That I'm not sure about. I would just make sure it's compatible with the 600E and you should be fine. I"m pretty sure any scorpion pinion for the 600 will fit if they make them. I am pretty sure scorpion motors are all 6mm shafts.

Westy

LEGEND
I just found out that the 700 helis has a number on the bottom of the gear that is very similar to mine .... however I have also found that the modulus is M1 and not 0.7

have just ordered the one way bearing and shaft .... from Taiwan .... and a n align Digital pitch gauge. so hope they come soon...... not sure what I can do with the pinion issue ... as no-one has the bits I need .... and now I have a bunch of useless 5mm shaft 12 and 13 T pinions (ALIGN)

Tony

Staff member
Should have checked before posting lol. Looks like it has a 6mm shaft as well. So now the question is, why in the HELL would they have a 6mm shaft, and ONLY sell 5mm pinions...? Makes no sense to me. However, there are two 600mx motors to choose from if you decide. You have the 1220kv for 6s systems, and the 510kv for systems up to 12s.

Still searching for that pinion but to answer your question, yes, you can use your same main and auto gear with this motor. Make sure to look at the wattage of these motors and compare them to yours. May be worthwhile to upgrade if your motor is under powered. Just a though anyway lol.

Westy

LEGEND
thanks all .... I wonder if I can take the exisiting 5mm ones I have to a machinist and get them to tru bore it t 6mm?

Westy

LEGEND
they could do it though aye? I might just call them.

Email sent off to see what the costs would be and even if it is possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom