General Help 100% newb setting up Blade 300x

IronArcher

So, a friend of mine gave me an older Blade 300x, the idea was to sell it to fund a rock crawler.
I sold it to a friend at work, and helped him get a radio and batteries.
The problem is he wants me to dial it in. I have never set up a helicopter before.
So I watched some videos from RC-Help.com and set up the radio (Spektrum DX-6i) as per the instructions. And also calibrated the sticks.
Now, when I plug in the heli, it looks like the servo for the elevator drops 90 degrees, and many of the controls are “sluggish”.
Coming from cars, I expect servos to respond instantly, but I don’t know if the collective pitch changes things.
In any case I’m 99% sure something is wrong here. I’m 70% sure it’s just programming.
Please see the video, and you will understand better than I can articulate.

If you need more information, let me know

This is the video series I watched to try to set it up.

I’m not worried about stunt mode, it just needs to fly.
I understand the video isn’t for a 300x, but was hoping the basics would be there.

Thanks 1,000,000 for any/all help!

buel williams

So, a friend of mine gave me an older Blade 300x, the idea was to sell it to fund a rock crawler.
I sold it to a friend at work, and helped him get a radio and batteries.
The problem is he wants me to dial it in. I have never set up a helicopter before.
So I watched some videos from RC-Help.com and set up the radio (Spektrum DX-6i) as per the instructions. And also calibrated the sticks.
Now, when I plug in the heli, it looks like the servo for the elevator drops 90 degrees, and many of the controls are “sluggish”.
Coming from cars, I expect servos to respond instantly, but I don’t know if the collective pitch changes things.
In any case I’m 99% sure something is wrong here. I’m 70% sure it’s just programming.
Please see the video, and you will understand better than I can articulate.

If you need more information, let me know

This is the video series I watched to try to set it up.

I’m not worried about stunt mode, it just needs to fly.
I understand the video isn’t for a 300x, but was hoping the basics would be there.

Thanks 1,000,000 for any/all help!

buel williams

hey there IronArcher is the FBL the AR636A if so that could be the problem. that FBL is for airplanes not heli's. I tried mine with dx6i dx6 and dx9 but it only want's to fly right with the dxe that it came with. it is a RTF unit.

buel williams

hey there IronArcher is the FBL the AR636A if so that could be the problem. that FBL is for airplanes not heli's. I tried mine with dx6i dx6 and dx9 but it only want's to fly right with the dxe that it came with. it is a RTF unit.
sorry my goof I was thinking of the 330x. the 300x came with the ar7200.

IronArcher

Ok, so even though the adds I see say it’s a 120ccpm, the book indeed says to set up as a 1 servo 90
Did that, and adjusted the elevator servo up about 70 degrees!!!
And it flys!!!!!
Next thing to do, learn how to fly! New main blade and at least 1 new main blade holder are in the cart LOL!

buel williams

Ok, so even though the adds I see say it’s a 120ccpm, the book indeed says to set up as a 1 servo 90
Did that, and adjusted the elevator servo up about 70 degrees!!!
And it flys!!!!!
Next thing to do, learn how to fly! New main blade and at least 1 new main blade holder are in the cart LOL!
hell yea that.s what I am talking about.

RandyDSok

That great you want to fly but I would invest in a simulator like RealFlight. You'll save a lot of $$$$ if you don't how to fly. Just my :2c:
I completely concur...

Helicopter are the most complex RC craft to learn to fly. It isn't a starter aircraft by any means and even experienced fliers will have trouble.

buel williams

I completely concur...

Helicopter are the most complex RC craft to learn to fly. It isn't a starter aircraft by any means and even experienced fliers will have trouble.
I totally agree with both of you gentlemen, I just gave our new member a hell yea that he got his bird working no disrespect intended to the hobby.

Top Bottom