Hello

Jay Brooks

My name is Jay Brooks. I have a Walkera 180 that I can fly well. I have a NanoCPX and a T-Rex 450 clone that I use a Spectrum DX6i transmitter. I have trouble with both these heli's. I have only been flying for 6months. I have no trouble with my Walkera, but the others are difficult. Not sure, might be a radio issue.

Smoggie

Hi jay,

The walkera 180 is a fixed pitch heli with a 45 degree stabiliser/flybar, this makes it very stable, forgiving and all round easy to fly (but limited in it's capabilities). The NanoCPX and Trex 450 are collective pitch helis that are far more advanced, but also much less stable and harder to fly for a beginner.
It's really just a matter of practice but be assured that it's normal for the nanoCPX and Trex 450 to be much harder to fly, so it doesnt necessarily indicate a 'fault'.

sneezy007

Hi Jay,

Welcome to our forum :arms:

I agree with Smoggie, the smaller the heli, the harder it is to fly. Smaller helis are way more twitchy and unstable than the bigger ones.
Practice hovering in all directions on your sim and comfortable with that before you tackle the other helis.

Cheers.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Jay, I agree with Smoggie & Sneezy's comments, it took me about 12 months to transition from FP to CP fully.

Top Bottom