Hello to All from Central Illinois

NordCelt

I'm fairly new to the RC world. I shoot trap and skeet and bought a Nano QX a few months ago to help train my eyes to track targets. Many other quads and heli's followed. I'm making the transition into variable pitch heli's now and it's a hell of a learning curve. I've a lot to learn since it seems I spend more time repairing and analyzing problems or fixing crash damage than I do flying. I buy BNF RC's and just switched from a Spektrum DX6i to a new model DX7. DX7 was needed because I wanted better gybal control for my GoPro when I have it on the 350 QX3.

Having great fun and hoping to learn from more experienced people.

NordCelt

Yeah, quite a collection. Unfortunately a lot of problems with the Blade Product line with the last three heli's I've purchased. That's how I found this site. I was on You Tube trying to find info on communicating with the 300 CFX's Spektrum receiver. I've been unable to find much info on how to set up a receiver from scratch.

Since I've ended up working on the heli's so much I'm also starting to think about building a kit. First real job in life was working on and flying in helicopters so think it would be fun to build one. Need to learn receiver set up before I can do that. Also, want to update the firmware in my 300 CFX.

NordCelt

Thanks Ken, I've even added some in the past few days. Since I have a few thousand hours flying fixed with AC didn't think I'd be interested in RC planes. Then I saw this Super Cub with tundra tires and it reminded me of a J-3 Cub with tundra tires I use to fly a lot so I ordered it. Then I wanted to do a build so ordered a T-Rex 250 to build, realized later I screwed up, thought all T-Rex heli's were build heli's then noticed I ordered a BNF. So now that's on it's way and I've ordered a T-Rex 500 for my build helicopter. Having pretty much disposed of my disposable income I ordered the cheaper 500 kit for a flybar heli. I'm about one kit away from a beans and cornbread diet for the rest of the year.

Ken Jackson

Well you've certainly got the bug. I spent about $3,000 or so my first couple years in the sport. Sounds like your well on your way. I bought one plane this year and pretty much stopped buying much. My TRex 500 has been crashed most of the summer and I will fix it, just not a priority right now. My first real collective pitch was a 500 flybar. I eventually converted it to a DFC flybarless. I tried to build a second 500 with a Hobby King flybarless, man what a mistake that was. Of course having enough electronics for two 500's has kept my good one in the air for longer stretches. Just enjoying the planes for now and I still throw my 450PRO DFC around.

Ken

NordCelt

I'll keep in mind Hobby King sounds like a problem. I have a lot of Blade products and had good luck with them till my last couple purchases. A 180 CFX and 230 S, sent them back to Blade hoping warranty will cover them since they're new and never worked. I don't know how much I've spent getting started in this hobby but it's money pulled from retirement savings. Wife and I figure the savings is to be spent in the first few years of retirement then we'll live on retirement income. Think I should be done buying at this point unless I add another plane or two. No hurry on that. I noticed you have a Yak though and that sure conjures up visions of fun.

Ken Jackson

I really love the Yak. It is a fantastic stunt flyer. So is the VisionAire I have. Since I started flying helicopters then switched to planes I prefer stunt flying. War birds are cool but I like hovering, flips, loops, harriers and rolls. The two planes I have are designed for that.

Ken

Top Bottom