Hello from the UK

Extensa

Hi everyone, I am completely new to Rc Helicopters. I'm just awaiting my Trex 450 Sport from Midland Helicoopters, they build, set up, and test fly the Helicopter before sending it, all I have to do is put my receivers in then off I go "Hopefully".
I have been practising flying on Phoenix 4 using my Spektrum DX6i, starting to get the hang of hovering but I am struggling with flying circles and figure of 8's. Hope to learn as much as possible from this forum as I aim to get to 3D standard :)

stokke

Welcome to the forum and congrats on choosing a great hobby!
Good to see you've acquired a Sim and have begun training.

My tip:

Master new techniques/moves in the Sim first, then try it in real life.

Extensa

Thanks for the welcome and the tip :) have just changed the weather settings on Sim as suggested by Tony, wow it is so much harder :/ but I'm getting there slowly :)

Lee

:welcome1: from a fellow Brit. You will love the 450. If funds allow, I would get a small heli like the MSR x to throw around and crash to get used to a real life flying experience before risking your 450 pride and joy.
Good luck

murankar

Staff member
Stokke knows all about it. Sims are great if it is treated as real life and not a game.

Welcome to the site and hoddy

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

As stated, make one more investment with the Blade mSR-X. It will be the BEST investment other than the sim that you can make in this hobby. Take it slow and ask questions. We will help you out every chance we can.

BOKI

Hi Extensa; Welcome to our RC site & good luck flying your 450 ! Just got My Trex 450 ready this week & Sunday I am going to get some training flying! Just put training gear on it yesterday! Hope you enjoy your 450 & have good luck flying it! This is BOKI FROM ILLINOIS 3:34 AM FRIDAY THE BEST

murankar

Staff member
Also if you can video your flights. If not for the forum then for you. If you watch it you maybe able to find what you need to work on. Plus someone here can help with setup issues if you post it to the forum through YouTube.

Extensa

Thank you every one for the kind words and welcoming me to your community :) I have got a lofty FX037 4 channel carbon helicopter pile of crap but means I can have smashing fun practising ;)

BOKI

Hi Extensa; I also have a cheaper helicopter a 3 channel Double Horse 9101 & it looks nice but its junk! One slight bump when you land it & strips the screw threads on the main shaft ! Can't make any mistakes with it even slight & something is broke! & the 120sr is a nice 4 channel but isn't built for much abuse at all ! The MSR like Tony said is so light they don't seem to fall apart as fast because of the weight! It will save you a few less headache's & down time for repairs! & money! So hang in there & I wish you Safe & Good Flying THE Best FROM BOKI ILLINOIS 2:01 AM Saturday ! Buy Extra blades & landing gear seems like thats is what breaks the most anyway for Me ! Oh the 120sr 4 channel will pop the tail motor blade off alot & a real tiny tail spacer bearing goes flying off & you usually can't find it! Plus it costs $ 3.50 ! I glued a thread to the bearing to the motor & it works the bearing stays on but the tail blade pops off but its white & you can see it! Horizion Hobby had a Design flaw on the 120sr tail motor! THE BEST FLYING !

murankar

Staff member
Yes the 120sr will pop the tail very easy. There are a number of fixes for the issue on you tube. I like the shrink tube fix the best.

Extensa

Will I be able to run my spektrum receivers in the blade msr x as I noticed its got one of them circuit board receivers in it?

callsign4223

Staff member
U won't need to. The receiver built into the circuit board is a spektrum rx. It will work with any dsm2/dsmx spektrum tx.

Norny

Hi there I live just next door in N.Ireland I'm looking to buy the DX6i and the 120sr, would you recommend this shop and did it come in mode2? I'm trying a different route as I will mostly be flying indoors till the summer at least, my little country isn't called the emerald isle for nothing as its always raining and we don't get summers or winters just spring and autumn lol.

I hope I can move up to a trex 450, keep me posted on your skills as I hope to fly 3d some day, good luck I hope you do well.

Norny.

Extensa

Hi Norny, from what I have learnt I would advise u to get a 7 or 8 channel tx with a simulator like Phoenix 4 instead of a lil heli I have a msr x and spectrum dx6i and I don't use the heli and I only use the dx6i for the sim I find using my 600 nitro the best. The 450 is harder to control but I have jus upgraded it to a torque tube and 3gx flybarless setup flys a lot better now so basically don't wast ya money on small heli's get a decent 7 or 8 channel tx and sim practice on that and get a 500 or 600 kit to fly in real life try and build it ya self as u will learn so much more about how they work, hope this helps.

murankar

Staff member
actually the msrX is, IMO a better rout than the sim. I went through orientation training on the sim and once I got to the bird I froze up. So I got out my 120sr and tried with that and still got froze up. After gaining confidance with the real deal I was doing much better. Yes the sim will teach you, look at Stokke's video diary "learning to fly". Most of his training was in a sim.

Then again everyone learns differently.

Norny

Your more advanced than me with my budget I will get the DX6i as I think this entry levell tx will see me through the heli's Im likely to buy in the future as a cp heli is a long way off as I haven't even got my first coax yet lol. A 450 class is only a dream for me now sadly but I have to start somewhere and I think at the lower end models is a smart choice for me.

Good luck in your progression I hope to follow you.

Norny

Top Bottom