Hello from Norway!

stokke

Hi all!

This is my second post on the forum, so I guess I'm not posting in the correct order. But hey, better late then never, right? :)

I came here after finding Tony's build-video on Youtube (awesome, thanks Tony!).
I have been scouring the web for information on this hobby, always wanting to learn as much as I possibly can.

I thought I struck gold when I found Helifreak, as the site is probably the largest database on rc-helicopters on the web.
But seeing the answers and information given there is directed at someone who already understands and knows about rc-helicopters - the forum becomes a bit hard to understand for a newbie (me :D ). Rc-help is therefore in my eyes a more newbie-friendly zone, as your question (no matter how n00b it might seem) will always be answered.

I don`t know about you guys, but for me the RC-world posed a very steep learning-curve.

Anyways, I have been learning to fly on a 4CH Nine Eagles Solo Pro 228P.
Bought it about 3 months ago, and now I'm flying the sh*t out of the bird (It should be noted that I've also crashed it an unknown number of times).
Two-three weeks ago I bought Phoenix flight simulator, and a Spektrum DX7S radio.
Yesterday, the second that paycheck was in my hands, I was online ordering an Align T-rex 450 PRO V2 3GX.
As for now, I'm camping out at the computer constantly monitoring the parcel-tracking. LOL! (I hate and love the guy who invented online tracking of packages!).

I guess I will start a post in the 450-part of the Heli-section when the bird arrives.
I shall post my progress (with pics!) there, as well as my questions - so I hope you guys check in on it from time to time ;)

Well that's me.
Looking forward to spending som good quality-hours on this forum!

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for the kind words stokke, your explanation of this site is spot on. This is somewhere that people can come and actually receive answers to any question they may ask. I never expected to be over 500 members, but here we are over 600 now lol. It's just the way things go sometimes.

As for your helicopter, you will love it. As you can see in my first flight video when I was adjusting the gyro, it can get twitchy until you get that gyro setup. But once it's done, it will be rock solid. As for checking in on the thread, once you post a new reply it will show up in the "What's New" page and I check that page constantly throughout the day. So no worries about us missing an update.

Let us know what we can do to help.

RMB677

Welcome to the forum Stooke. I too am new to helis and am glad I found this site, also by seeing the videos. Unlike other sites at least you can get a response to your problems, or just a friendly comment.

Roger

sterlingh

New to this forum and flying myself. I have received nothing but kind words, encouraging, and positive, answers. I feel like I struck gold in this forum..

Sterling H.

stokke

Rest assured, there will be questions :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's good to see more promising testimonials.

If the current reply-rate is upheld, there is no doubt in my mind; this forum will continue to grow.
In time, I aspire to convert from being the one who asks questions - to become one who can provide answers ;)

Could someone tell me how I can upload my own avatar without it becoming so extremely small?
I see there are restrictions for how big it can be, but I see other users who have much larger avatars than 50x50px...

Lee

Enjoy the build Stokke, We are hear to help. Best advice i can give you is take your time. The build is for some more fun than the flying. And the better you build it, the better it will fly. Welcome.

Tony

Staff member
As you get more posts you will be allowed larger avatars and sigs. I do this to try and keep the server load down for those that sign up and don't post much. Those that do post will be allowed to increase the size over time.

Top Bottom