Hello from New Member

Mac

My name is Mac and I am located in the Jersey Shore, NJ.

I am retired, however, I am still trying to figure out how I managed to find time to go to work.

I am not new to the RC Heli hobby. I had a 50 size Heli back in 1990, but I have long since forgotten the name of the rig.

I never really got to hover it either other than following it all over the place. That Heli was like having a pet, it took me for walks where I didn't want to go.

Fast forward to today, I have 2 mCPX v2 Helis and a Blade 450 3D w/3GX all of which I purchased used on another forum this past November.

I have been simming and playing with the micros, but I still cannot get a controlled hover. I am committed to being able to actually fly one of these darn things this spring-summer. I mean a controlled flight, not just getting it in the air and see what happens.

So I surely welcome RC-Help.com's expertise and guidance.

Thanks in Advance guys,
Mac

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mac, welcome to the forum. You are now doing the hardest part of the hobby, learning how to fly the helicopter. If you don't have a fixed pitch helicopter, get one such as the mSR or mSR-X. You will be amazed at just how much you can learn from a super stable helicopter. I suggest the mSR with teh flybar since there is less to go wrong and it's all mechanical.

As always, is you have a question, just ask it. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

EyeStation

Welcome Mac.
This forum taught me how to get control of my mCPx. I had it for about 2 years before I saw settings on here for my DX6i controller. Coupled that with Tony's videos of good learning curves,( Throttle and Pitch), and I have more airtime in the past 6 months with that guy than I had the other 2.5 years.
Check out the Helicopter section under Micros, http://www.rc-help.com/forumdisplay.php/16-Micro-Helicopters, I bet that will make your mCPx's happy.

Top Bottom