Hello from minnesota

Jmd3571

I am new to the hobby. I was learning on a sport cub s until I wrecked it. I bought a new fuselage for it but never flew right again. I'm here to learn to build planes.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! What kind of planes are you into? Foamboard, EPP, EPO, Balsa?

:welcome1:

Jmd3571

Welcome to the forum

All I have tried flying so far is the park zone night vapor and the horizon hobby sport cub s. I really enjoyed the sport cub until I wrecked it. I ordered a new fuselage and rebuilt it but must have did something wrong because it will take off, get about a foot in the air, roll left and crash. I found this site looking for answers and decided to build your rc-helper. I'm still in the process of building it but I am curious if the electronics from the sport cub would work on this trainer. Would the motor be powerful enough?

Tony

Staff member
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this thread. Got really busy today.

That plane is much smaller than the RCH Trainer so the electronics will not be adequate for it.

I did look up the plane, and if it's the plane I was looking at (about 25") then you most likely have the one with the SAFE gyro in it. If that is correct, then I would guess since it's rolling over after takeoff, that the gyro is in the plane backwards. This would cause everything but the rudder to be correcting backwards. If the right wing is going down (right roll) then the right aileron should go down as well to counter the movement. If the tail goes up, the elevator should go up. This is by moving the plane itself, not with the sticks. You may need to give it a little throttle to activate the gyros though.

Hope this helps.

trainrider06

Welcome to the site Jmd3571! good bunch here, although I don't know much about the plankers there are a few on here that can get ya going, two of em replied that can!

KLA

Welcome to RCH! What Tony is trying to explain to you is to hold the plane in your hand with the power on and tilt the plane in every direction to see if the electronics make the right corrections to keep the plane in a level flight. That's how you check to see if the SAFE system is operating correctly. Just hold the plane and tilt it in each direction and the gyro should make the corrections as Tony explained them. Also, you have to make sure the transmitter is on and the plane is powered up and bound to the TX while performing this test.

Last edited:
Top Bottom